8.20.2017

Weekend Wrap-Up

Sadly, summer is winding down around here.  

Here's what we've fit into our last few days! Wednesday we went to Molly's Cupcakes.  Kids loved that there were swings inside! Also the cupcakes were amazing.  Then we delivered one to my sister for her birthday! 


The boys have been having fun with these cup pyramids they shoot down with their Nerf guns.


Friday morning some friends came over and we walked to a kindergarten playdate at the park.  Kase met up with lots of friends he knew and made some new ones!

After the playdate we went to Adventureland and met up with my sister and her family and my mom. 
The kids had a great time. 





Later that night we met Keith, Cindy, Bill, Terri and Kate at Main Street for dinner.  It was so good, especially the dessert!  Came back here and the boys had a Nerf war with Grandpa Keith. Kylee was at a birthday slumber party.

Saturday morning we watched the Jag volleyball team scrimmage! That's Kylee way down at the end on the bench, sitting with the team and coaches daughters. The Jags looked great and it was fun to be back watching volleyball! 



Spent the afternoon at the pool.  The life guards have loosened up a bit as summer has gone on and they let Kase go down the slides all by himself even though he's technically not tall enough.  He was so happy.


Saturday night we had a grill out with all the other Ankeny Edward Jones people.  It was a really fun night and I love that our kids are making close friends with the other FA's kids. 

Sunday we celebrated Tammy's birthday at my parents' house.  Played a fun Tammy Scattergories game and enjoyed lunch and LOTS of desserts together. 



It's back to reality this week- the kids start school on Wednesday and I'm definitely not looking forward to a quiet house.  I'm sure I'll find things to keep myself busy and I have a few work days here and there but it will definitely be different with all my kids in school this year! We have a busy week with back to school nights and coaches meetings and things like that.  Hope you all made the most of your last summer weekend!

No comments: