8.17.2017

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful our oven is working again! It's so nice to be able to cook.

I'm thankful for some really kind boys at Adventure Bay a few weeks ago.  Kase was swimming around trying to get on the floating alligator and these boys helped him up time after time.  He was so happy. Usually when we are there, kids notice it takes Kase a long time to get on it and just budge in front of him.

I'm thankful that it's August. It just feels like it's time to get back into a routine.

I'm thankful that Kylee wanted to dress alike when we went to the fair last week.  She was already dressed and I was contemplating what to wear and she was like, "Hey! You should totally wear an orange shirt like the one I have on!" It was so sweet that I couldn't say no.  I'm doubting we have many years left where she's excited about twinning with me. 

I'm so thankful for a Grandma Cindy day this week! Cindy came down to spend the night on Monday and was so helpful.  I had a couple meetings and errands and she hugely helped out hanging with the kids.  She also treated them to donuts, a movie and "back to school" gifts.  What a blessing it is having such a fun, awesome mother-in-law! 


I'm thankful that Kael got his school schedule and school pictures yesterday.  He wasn't super excited about the team he got placed on and really doesn't have a lot of close friends on his team.  I love his upbeat attitude though because he let neither of those things bother him.  Instead, he chose to look on the bright side, commenting that he had one of his least favorite classes first ("so I can get it over with") and PE very last.  I love that so very much about Kael.  He doesn't worry or stress about having friends in his classes and is confident he'll find someone to sit with at lunch. I have a feeling it's going to be a great year for him!

I'm thankful for all the little things that are helping us get ready to send Kase to kindergarten.  They had a special storytime at the library Tuesday night and Kase knew several of the kids there.  He sat (mostly) still while listening to the stories, too!



He has also taken many opportunities to peek in the window of his new classroom.  And I showed him a picture of his teacher the other day so he would know what she looked like. By all accounts, I think he's ready for school! 


Happy Thursday, all! 

No comments: