8.22.2017

Back to School!

By all accounts, it's been a great summer.

We have taken several trips.

We have spent lots of time with friends and family.

We have used our pool and Adventureland passes to the max.

We have had all the Nerf Wars and backyard football games.

We have baked many, many cupcakes.

We have made all the necessary back to school preparations and been to all the teacher meetings.

But I'm still not sure I'm ready to see Summer 2017 go. 









Kase will be off to kindergarten tomorrow and my house will be way too quiet.  I intend to spend my day having coffee and going on walks with friends, but mostly, hanging out on my porch hoping to catch a glimpse of my littlest buddy at one of his three recesses.

I'll also keep my eye out for Kylee, who says she isn't ready to go back to school.  She is, though.  I can feel it- she went for a run this morning and talked about how she can't wait to get back into cross country and I know she'll be anxious to see some of her running friends at school tomorrow. She spent a lot of time perfectly organizing her desk last night at Meet the Teacher Night, and I'm certain she's ready.

Kael has an easy confidence about being in seventh grade.  He hardly glanced at his schedule, assuring me he'd have no problem finding his classes on the first day. He also intends to ride his bike to school on his own, even though it's my carpool day.  When he realized that he said, "Mom, I'll definitely ride with you instead if you want me to."  He's thoughtful, and he's definitely matured in the last few months.

I know they're all going to have a great year and while I am definitely not looking forward to an empty house, I'm sure I'll get used to having some more time to myself.  And Summer 2018 will be here before we know it!

No comments: