5.29.2017

Weekend Wrap-Up

Long weekends are the best, right?

Kase and I have been enjoying our time while the big kids are still in school.  Thursday we had a picnic at Miracle League park and Kase was thrilled that Kent could join us. It was a beautiful day and it was so nice to be outside.

Kase is trying to make a heart with his hands because he's just so happy.



Later that evening Kent asked Kase to take him fishing. It's definitely one of Kase's favorite things to do right now and Kent couldn't be happier about it.




Friday Kase and I picked up some ice cream and went to a park.  I'm going to miss these days with my littlest buddy when school starts in the fall!


Friday afternoon the kids played in the sprinkler with friends after school, then later we headed to Polk City for some live music on the square.  Both of my sisters and their families were there and we just had the best time.  The kids all played so well together at the park and we enjoyed catching up!


Kael LOVES holding Berkley.


Picnic on the square! I'm dying at Huston eating right off his plate!


Saturday morning I sent Kent and Kylee out to relocate a birds nest from under our deck.  I can't water my flowers or step out on our deck without getting dive bombed from a mama bird! So they successfully moved the nest to a different tree right behind our fence. So far, so good. I think mama bird is still tending to them, and I'm able to go outside without getting attacked. 


We spent Saturday afternoon hanging around here. It rained pretty hard for awhile then after the rain, Kent, Kase and Kylee went fishing.  Kael and I hung here and went for a walk. Later we went on a family bike ride then called it an early night. 

We also did a LOT more fishing this weekend! Sunday morning Kylee woke up early and went fishing with Kent, my dad and my brother-in-law.  They caught over 100 fish! She had the best time.


Kent did too!


Meanwhile, the boys and I tried out a new restaurant for breakfast with my mom.


Then we rode bikes to a park and played for awhile.


Then we played around the neighborhood for awhile before heading to Ottumwa.  On the way we stopped at Goldie's for ice cream! 



Needless to say, that was a huge hit.


Then we visited my grandma.  I was so very glad we went. It really meant a lot to me.  We had some good talks and shared some of our favorite memories with her.


When we got to Ottumwa, we went with the whole Patterson clan out to Kaity's parents house to fish!
What a blast! Kylee caught the most fish by far.  She also was able to take several of the fish off the hook by herself!


Kase and Kael caught a few too! 




Kase and Murph.  (Who Kase called, "Smurf").



The best catch! Obviously talking about Kent. ;)




Kael had fun playing football with Kaity's dad.




And Kael especially loved the paddle boat ride! It was just a beautiful day out and we so enjoyed spending it outside!


We went back to Kaity and Kevin's house to grill out and play yard games.  Also, Kase was gifted this amazing crocodile hat so he had fun running around with that.  We also discovered that Uncle Kyle shares Kase's unusual talent of "wolf walking" (running around really fast like a gorilla on all fours).


Kylee showed us a few fun hairstyles while we sat around the firepit. 



And on the way home, Killer Croc fell asleep. I'm so thankful for the time we spend with Kent's family.  The kids just love hanging with their aunts and uncles! And grandparents!


Monday morning Kase slept in until 8:30! That meant Kent and I had time to enjoy a nice walk.  Mid-morning we headed over to my parents' house. It was a perfect day to grill out and enjoy some more family time. The grandkids all loved the picnic on the deck! We played yard games, took turns holding Berkley, and just genuinely had a great time hanging out.  Family time is the very best time.



Then, we headed to the pool! The kids really wanted to get their swim tests done with so they won't have to wait in a long line later in the summer to do it.  They all three passed! Hooray! 



Then, promptly all went off the high dive.




We didn't stay too long at the pool since it was a little on the chilly side.  We did head back to my parents' house to load up the boat and go fishing! Kael stayed home with my mom and they had fun playing tennis with the Simms, then having pizza on the deck.  Meanwhile, Kylee, Kase, Kent, my dad and I all went to Badger Creek to catch some fish! Despite the windy conditions, we were still able to catch quite a few!



It was a good, good weekend.  My kids don't seem to mind terribly that they have to go back to school for two more days, but I'm totally ready for summer! Bring on the fun!

No comments: