5.25.2017

Thankful Thursday

We I'm thankful for the moments when Kase still wants me to carry him.  He's heavy, but it's so worth it. He always rubs my back when I'm holding him and I love it.

I'm thankful for my grandma's recipe box that my aunt gave to me last weekend. I have so enjoyed going through it.  Just seeing her handwriting brings back such sweet memories.

I was thankful to come home to an awesome surprise the other day- while I was out, Kael and Kylee had folded and put away all the laundry! I was so proud of them!

I'm thankful that we live so close to the school.  I got to see Kylee and her classmates out for Beach Day the other day and could tell they were having fun!

I'm thankful for a trip to Advetureland with Kase and some of our friends.  We have season passes so we intend to go back often with the big kids too, once they are out of school!



I'm thankful for my friends' daughter who mellows Kase out and gets along with him so very well.

I'm thankful for how much Kase loves to fish! He asks Kent to take him almost every night!


I'm thankful for my lunch dates.  We had lunch with Kylee at school on Tuesday so Kase could get some extra practice in before he's there this fall!


I'm thankful for Kylee's cross country group.  She has had such a fun season.  Here she is on the shoulders of one of the older kids in her group- coach captioned this "Kylee is head and shoulders above the rest" for perfect attendance at practice, plus she participated in four races!



I'm so thankful that Kael was recognized as Student of the Week! I know these last few weeks of school seem to be dragging on for him but I'm glad he's giving it his best. He was so excited about the Golden Ticket Award too! Way to go, Kael!


I'm thankful for many fun summer adventures ahead.  Kase and I have been out scouting camping spots- we plan to go later this summer.  He's had fun checking out all the playgrounds! I'm thankful that our summer bucket list is ready, too!



I'm thankful that Kylee loves to help Kase learn his letters.  She was helping him in the bath the other day, and I walked in to see that she had him write his entire alphabet and most of his numbers! She was so proud of him.

I'm thankful when Kent comes home over the lunch break.  It's so fun for Kase and me to see him in the middle of the day.

I'm thankful there are only a few days left of school and also thankful that we have some fun things planned for the long weekend.

I am thankful for a week off of tee ball though.  Kase has been getting a little fiesty out there lately. (Read: getting mad at anyone who gets to the ball before him.)

I'm thankful for a fun story time at Hy-Vee yesterday morning! Kase loved the pizza stories and the fruit pizza for snack afterwards!

I'm thankful for the Mile after Mile race.  All three kids decided to participate and I couldn't have been more proud of them. 



It was Kase's first race ever on a track- he's done some Fun Runs before but not a race against just kids his own age.  He finished in under 10:00! We enjoyed seeing his run/skip combo around the track. 


Kylee has been training with her running club both last fall and again this spring, so it was really fun to see how she has progressed.  I love seeing her out there with a smile on her face, doing her thing! Her coach commented on her good running form and Kylee was just thrilled to run her best mile ever! 6:32!!!


She was the top finisher for girls in her age division!


I love that Kael wanted to run too! He ran well and had a really strong finish! It was just a great night. After the race we ate at Leaning Tower, and everyone was happy.  Love nights like these.




Have a great weekend! 

No comments: