10.14.2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a fun-filled  weekend!

(Rewinding a bit...)

Wednesday night we went to the Fire Station Open house- such a neat event.  The kids got to use the real fire hoses, go inside a (fake) smoke-filled house, climb on fire trucks, and lots of other cool things.  There were a lot of people there but we were there early so we didn't have to wait in lines for too long.  We had a great time.



Thursday, my littlest sous chef helped me bake a blueberry pie.



Friday, we headed to my parents' house for a bonfire.  Kael has been asking us to let him have a party for his half birthday and he wanted to take a bunch of friends over to my parents' house and camp out over night.  It sounded like lots of fun, but honestly, that's more than we typically do for an actual birthday party.  So he settled for inviting one friend over for a bonfire.  Kase "helped" my dad in the afternoon, then the rest of us went over there that evening and made hamburgers, hot dogs and s'mores over the fire.  The kids had fun splashing around by the water and playing hide and seek in the dark.







Saturday we had a nice morning getting a few things done around here, then Kael had a soccer game. He scored a goal and was just so excited.  I was really proud of how he played. Saturday afternoon Kylee and I went to Glitterazzi, a Parks and Rec sponsored event in town where the girls got all dressed up, got their hair and nails done, got airbrushed tattoos, pictures with Queen Elsa- it was really fun.  I enjoyed spending time with Kylee.



Nearly allll of the girls there chose an "Elsa" style for their hair.  Kylee (who rarely just "follows the crowd") opted for one of the"Anna" styles. It was super cute.





When we got home Saturday afternoon, the kids were so excited that their uncles were coming over! We had fun celebrating his early birthday with a bunch of family at El Azteca, then everyone came back here for ice cream dessert. The kids (and Kent and I) thoroughly enjoyed spending time with the extended family that we don't see as often as we'd like!


Sunday after church, Kent got started on some work in the basement.  Kylee and I headed off to Target for some major birthday gift shopping (I think we have five birthday parties in the next week and a half). Kael had his last football game of the season.  They got the win and finished 5-1.  A great season for Orange Crush! :) Kylee, Kase and I headed to the pumpkin patch for a neighbor birthday party.  It was so fun!

Monday, we had a nice lazy morning then Kent (who had the day off too) worked in the basement. He got the vent in the bathroom which means we are one step closer to drywall! Wahoo!

The kids and I had such a nice day.  Kylee was up early so she helped me bake coffee cake, and later we did some glitter crafts.  I played Monopoly with Kael, trucks with Kase and just had the loveliest day.  Both Kylee and I were wishing we had an extra "day off" every week.  

It's Kael's last week of soccer, so things will slow down for us considerably after this weekend.  Hope you all had a nice weekend!

No comments: