1.30.2014

Thankful Thursday

I'm so thankful for a friend who brought over two huge boxes of clothes for Kylee to borrow! Honestly, it about quadrupled Kylee's wardrobe and she had the best time trying every single thing on!

I'm thankful Kase got his hair cut.  I'm doubly thankful Kylee was there to help distract him because he was NOT super excited about it. Kylee got a cute little cut too!

I'm thankful that the sleepover at our house went well on Friday night.  You never know how it's going to go when a couple eight year old boys are involved. 

I'm so thankful for the lock on my pantry.  Kase is not so thankful.

I'm thankful for our pediatrician.  After nights and nights and nights of terrible sleeping- I finally took Kase in to get his ears checked.  His ears (and everything else) were perfectly fine and I know my doctor sincerely meant it when she said she wished she could help and racked her brain for anything that might be causing his sleeplessness.

I'm thankful that Kael got invited to a birthday party this weekend.  I'm always so very happy to see him included.

I'm thankful when Kase says, "Sit-me" and points to the chair next to him.  I always drop anything I'm in the middle of to sit by him because I know that not too many years from now he won't be begging me to sit by him every minute of every day.

I'm thankful for this article. Me, in a nutshell.

I'm thankful that Kase loves to help me in the kitchen.  We are baking or cooking something every single day.  He particularly likes the hand mixer and (without the beaters in it) runs it across any flat surface in the house and pretends it's a saw.(He's been watching Kent a lot in the basement.)  Love it.

I'm thankful for different parenting styles.  I ran into the mom and son whose birthday party Kael had gone to over the weekend at Staples on Monday.  In the middle of the day.  I asked, "Oh no, sick day?" because I knew Kael had been at his party the day before.  The mom replied, "Nope, he just wanted the day off to play with all of his new toys."  Um, confuse me? Friends, weigh in! Is this a thing? Am I supposed to be letting my kids have the day off of school after their birthdays to play with their new stuff?

I'm thankful our New York trip has been officially booked! My dad very generously gifted us ladies (my mom, my sisters and me) a trip to the Big Apple this summer! We found a date that works for everyone and I am so excited to get planning!

I'm thankful for Kael's teacher.  Conferences are only a couple weeks away, but she e-mailed us the other day with a concern.  I really appreciate how she wasn't willing to even let two weeks slip away without working on this issue.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: