5.15.2012

Ready for summer

Hi all! Sorry for the absence in blogging...as predicted May has been as crazy as April! Can anyone believe there are only 5 (!!!) days left of school? Oh my.  Last year I was so prepared, with summer schedules, summer bucket lists...this year I have a newborn and a move to think about intstead! Here's what's been going on with us.

Friday, Kylee had her Mother's Day Tea program.  She was right in the middle, singing her little heart out, cute as can be. You could hear her above everyone else.  While the program itself was entertaining, far more entertaining was watching Kylee run around with friends after the program.  She has such a cool confidence about her- she was clearly the ringleader of the group which consisted of her and about five boys.  My mom likes to refer to Kylee as "Laura 2.0".  In other words, she's just like me, but 'even more so' says my mom.  "And you so deserve it," she adds.  I do deserve it and I absolutely love it.


This is Kylee with the boy that I've babysat for 5 years now.  How cute are they? Looks like a mini Prom picture!

We spent the weekend hanging out with family- Kase got to meet Aunt Tammy and Uncle Rob! We spent Saturday with my fam and Sunday with Kent's fam.  I had a lovely Mother's Day- the kids made some really cute cards for me. :)





In other news, Kase has been in and out of the doctor's office for several days now- he spiked a pretty bad fever last Thursday and hasn't quite been the same since. His white blood count is down, indicating something viral but poor guy just can't get comfortable.   Good news is, he's cute even when he's miserable.



Well, that's all I've got time for today.  The temperature in my car on the way home from the doc this afternoon said it was 93 degrees out! Best believe I've got the slip and slide already set up and waiting- when Kael gets home from school, it's on! Woo hoo! Bring on summer!!!

No comments: