5.17.2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for my mini-me.  I know what it's like to be the middle child so I've been trying extra hard lately to do some fun, girly, "just us" stuff.  She unknowingly puts a lot of pressure on herself to be so mature, so helpful, so poised.  Lately I've been seeing some emotions and attitudes that are not typical of my Kylee and I know she's starting to break, just a little, under her self imposed pressure, but she tries so hard to hold it all together. We moms know what that's like, right?

I'm thankful for baby sighs and sweet baby snuggles.


I'm thankful for a husband whose help I could not do without.  He has been swamped at work but never ceases to come home with a smile on his face, ready and willing to lend a hand with the kids.  He's so good with Kase.  Actually he's just really good with kids.  The church nursery workers have told me that they LOVE when Kent gets scheduled to volunteer in there.  Yeah, he's that good.



I'm thankful that we were able to make some quick end-of-year teacher thank you gifts.  I was worried I wouldn't get around to it this year with everything that's going on, but my mom (and Pinterest) came to the rescue! :)

I'm thankful that Tropical Sno opened for the season!



I'm thankful that things are rolling along over at our new house.  I stopped by yesterday to pick out glass tiles for the shower and make a few decisions for the exterior of the house.  It's all so exciting!

I'm thankful that we got to stop by Kael's future elementary school yesterday afternoon and  meet all the second grade teachers.  We don't know which one he'll have yet, but just meeting all of them will surely help him transition in the fall to a new, much bigger, school.

I'm thankful for baby mohawks and baby rat tails.  Well, rats (pun intended) the picture I have of Kase's little rat tail won't upload for some reason.  I just love his soft, dark hair!


I'm thankful that Kase is SUCH a good sleeper.  Is it ok for babies who aren't even 3 weeks old to basically be sleeping through the night? I initially worried a bit because I thought I should be waking him up to eat, but at our most recent doctor's appointment she commented on what an 'efficient eater' he must be because he is gaining weight at an appropriate rate. 

I'm finding so much to be thankful for this week.  Hope you can say the same!

No comments: