4.09.2012

Weekend Wrap- Up Part II (Easter)

(After writing this I realize now I should have done perhaps a Part III to break it up a little! Lots of photos to share. :)

After getting home Saturday night from the birthday celebration, I knew we'd be tired and rushed on Sunday morning to get ready for church (plus, Kent had nursery duty so we needed to be there even earlier than usual) so Kent and I hid eggs that night. He's such a good sport. :)

Isn't this what the Easter Bunny looks like at your house?






The egg hunt was all but postponed until Kent had coffee in hand.



Be still my heart.  Kael NEVER wants to dress up but he chose his own outfit for Easter church.  How handsome is he? Now, Kylee on the other hand, was well prepared for the event.  One day a few weeks ago my mom and I took her to the mall for a girls' day and she tried on ("had a fashion show" in her words) nearly every dress in the store



My, my that bump is getting big!





I LOVE our tradtion of having an Egg Cracking Contest with the dyed eggs. It's extra fun now that the kids are old enough to participate.  Everyone picks and egg and you crack/tap/wait for (depends on your strategy) your opponent's egg.  Whichever egg doesn't crack moves on to the next round. We set it up tournament-style so here's how it broke down this year...





Below: Tam takes out Kael's orange egg. Kael wasn't too upset because he had beaten Grandpa Terry (in an above photo) in the "practice round".


Next up: short vs. tall


Grandpa Terry takes the controversial win over Grandma Ama. She wasn't quite ready when he "attacked".




Above: Kent was reigning champ and has won the contest for several years now.  As you can see, he isn't too pleased with his first round loss this year.  Below: When you lose, you have to throw your loser egg as far as you can off the deck down to the creek.  Tam lost so Rob is letting her know where her egg needs to go. :) When all was said and done, Mandy was crowned champion this year!


After the Egg Cracking, Kael had an idea that will likely begin a new tradition: the classic Egg on Spoon race. Boys vs. Girls.  Boys won.  Like 5 times in a row.



This is what an egg looks like after a few races.



You all play baseball with your leftover eggs too, right?


Then the egg hunt begins!


Look at those ups!


That is one full basket!



Matching jammies! Above and below! :)



Too much candy? Too much fun? Nah....


These last few photos are a little out of order but I got them from my mom's camera and had to include them.  Below is what will most likely be our last photo all dressed up as a family of four!


If I cropped the below photo to show only our faces, I think it would be nearly impossible to tell us apart!


Ha! I love this picture below! Mine is coming in three weeks, hers is coming in October!


We're pretty normal....


....and really really fun!


Hope your Easter was wonderful and your week is off to a great start!

1 comment:

Missy... said...

LOVED this post, Laura! You guys have such a fun family! Please pass along my congratulations to Mandy! :)