4.10.2012

A case of the Mondays

It was bound to happen.  After such a fun-filled weekend, we all crashed and came down off our sugar highs on Monday. 

Kylee and I were both sick.

Kael Who Never Gets Hurt Ever accidentally slammed his finger in the door and it was insta-purple.  I'm quite certain his fingernail will fall off soon.  Later when we were working on a poster for school he couldn't even hold a marker.

I ordered a family picture from Walgreens for Kael's poster (he's the Big Cheese this week...I'll explain more later I'm sure) and sure enough I had ordered the wrong picture and completely wasted my time running to and from the store.

Kylee mysteriously had several splinters in her hand.  Combine her sugar rush with a lack of sleep and fighting a cold it was pretty traumatic trying to get them out. 

Blogger was not cooperating and wouldn't let me appropriately add captions to my photos which explains the crazy post yesterday.


I checked out a few movies from the library for the kids and all of them were scratched or cracked.  I guess that's why they're free, right?


Fast forward to today and it wasn't much better.  Kael was up in the middle of the night complaining that his leg hurt.  He ended up sleeping in so I took him to school an hour late.  Less than twenty minutes later the school nurse called me to come pick him up.


We have a meeting with a builder tonight that I'd like to be very prepared for and while we're gone the house is going to be shown.  I'd love to spend a big chunk of the day cleaning it up but, alas, I'll probably be spending most of my day on the couch with sick kiddos.


Not to mention the fact we're completely out of several staple grocery items and I'm just not about to run to the store in my current state.  Who needs milk and toilet paper anyways?

I am soooo ready for it to be Friday. Kael keeps referring to Friday as The Big Day...I think someone's a little excited for his birthday! Even though the last day and a half have been kind of crummy, I'm glad it's hitting now and not Friday morning.  I have a feeling everyone will be on the mend and doing great by party day!

No comments: