1.12.2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm so thankful Kael had fun at his basketball game last Saturday.  Thus far, our family rule has been for the kids to do only one activity/sport at a time but right now Kael's doing both basketball and wrestling because we signed him up for basketball long ago before we really knew he would be interested in wrestling.  Since he's loving wrestling so much I kind of figured he wouldn't be too into basketball and told Kent before we went to the game on Saturday, "If he doesn't like it I'm not going to make him play every weekend.  We'll just drop him from basketball and let him keep wrestling." This was not the case.  He really loved being out on the court and I loved seeing him being so aggressive- stealing the ball from the other team several times and taking (almost) every shot he could.  When his coach suggested he pass the ball he willingly obliged. It's fun to watch Kael develop as an athlete and see which things he's interested in.

I'm thankful for the snow.  Well, I'm only a little bit thankful for the snow because the kids are so excited about it, but I could do without these suddenly blustery temps.

I'm so thankful for girls night.  By that, I mean that Kylee and I hang out while Kent and Kael are gone at wrestling every Wednesday night.  I know you're supposed to "be a parent, not a friend" but Kylee is just so...friend-able.  Tonight we shared cookies 'n cream right out of the container (shhh don't tell Kent) then played four games of Guess Who.  On previous girls nights we've watched old family movies of Kylee when she was a baby, painted our nails and snuggled in the rocking chair reading stacks of books.  Earlier today I was reminding Kael that he would have wrestling tonight and Kylee's face lit up, "Yesss!!! Girl's Night!" she declared.

I'm very thankful I stumbled across this recipe for mini cinnamon rolls.  They are soo easy and oh-so-delicious.  Also the perfect excuse to use my mini-muffin tin that rarely makes it's way out of the cupboard.

I'm thankful for a long weekend ahead.  Kent and I are having a little date night on Saturday and no school for the kids on Monday- I adore our weekends.

I'm thankful that a last-minute trip to Ottumwa was so fun last weekend.  Also thankful that Kevin's Bulldogs are now 5-0 in the Metro!

Happy Thursday everyone!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Thanks Laura! Great post.