11.10.2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for the time change.  It took us a few days to get used to it (for three days straight at least one of us was up before 5:00) but now we are all adjusted. I have still been waking up at 5:00 but have found that I can get an awful lot done before everyone else gets out of bed!

I'm thankful for celebrating my grandma's 80th birthday last weekend.  It was wonderful to see her so happy and we enjoyed spending time with family that we don't see often enough.

Kael with the birthday girl.

I'm thankful for SNOW!!! There is something so magical about the first snowfall of the season and the awe of it all was not lost on my kids.  They were up at 5:30, had a quick breakfast and went out to play in it before school.


I am so about to get bombed. 



I'm thankful for my slippers.  Every year I am gifted a couple pairs for Christmas and every year they are my favorite present.  I had stashed these in the back of my closet so that I wasn't tempted to wear them until it got closer to Christmas.  Also, I had completely worn through the bottoms of my last pair, so it was time to break out some "new" ones!


I'm thankful Kent and Kael got to spend some quality father/son time last Friday night.  




I'm thankful for genuinely nice people.  I was shopping the other day and noticed some really cute glittery snowflakes on the wall of the store and asked where I could find them to purchase some.  The owner said, "Acutally that's all I have, but I'll just take some down and give them to you." And she did just that.  I was so taken by her generosity and decided to pay it forward, buying a few small "just because" gifts for people.  And you should see the snowflakes.  They're gorgeous!

Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: