5.26.2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful today is Kael's last day of school. We are ready for some summer fun!




I'm thankful for good neighbors. Not just the kind who will keep an eye on your house when you're out of town, but the kind who are just great people. The kind of people who make you want to be a better person. The kind of people who let your kids use half of their yard for a baseball game. Honest, genuine, fun neighbors are something to be truly thankful for.




I am so thankful to live in Ankeny. An ice cream truck went by our house on Monday! Like, a real one, complete with ice cream truck music and a person serving ice cream with one of those cute paper hats straight out of the fifties. Kael later told me, "I used to want to grow up to be a scientist but now I wanna be an Ice Cream Truck Guy."





Last night Kael couldn't sleep and came out and said, "Mom, do you wanna come and lay with me? You know, since you love me?" Then he laid his head on his hands and rested them on the counter and looked at me with his devastatingly handsome brown eyes. How could a mom resist that??



I'm thankful for Archer Farms Strawberry Cheesecake yogurt. I usually put some fresh blueberries in it. Yum! I know the Greek yogurt is better for me but I just love this yogurt so very much. It is a healthier alternative to the actual Strawberry Cheesecake I had for breakfast a couple weeks ago. :)


What are you thankful for today?

No comments: