5.27.2011

Friday Fun

Can you feel it? Ahhhh I can. Today marks our first day of summer. I am babysitting one child, a half day today, so technically speaking, my summer vacation starts on Tuesday but for all practical purposes, I feel like summer starts today!




When Kael got home from school yesterday we enjoyed these Dirt Cups for snack. Did you have these when you were little? So fun. Kylee had chocolate pudding and Oreo on her forehead. And nose, and chin, and arms. :)




We've made this fun chain to count down the days of summer. Can you believe there are 80 days?! That sounds like so many but I know they will go by way too fast. The goal of this chain is two-fold: Kael has a tangible representation of the days and can start preparing himself for the inevitable end of carefree summer days and get ready for "school mode"; second I hope it makes me appreciate the days we do have and fit all the fun we possibly can into each and every day.


I'm still working out a plan for chores/daily jobs for the kids. I am in love with these
Chore Chart Jars at Creations by Kara. Check 'em out!


Enjoy the long weekend!

No comments: