5.25.2011

Kylee

Last night I was in setting the table for dinner while Kent and the kids were outside playing. Kylee rushes in and says excitedly, "Mom, mom!! Your panties!!!" Um...I could see this conversation going nowhere good. I racked my brain for any possible idea of what she could be talking about. "Come outside and see!" she continued. Yikes, panties- outside? She had the happiest smile on her face and I could tell she expected the same reaction from me. So even though I still had no idea what was going on, I put a big smile on my face and said, "Cool! Show me!"




We raced outside and she ran around the corner to the back of the house and pointed, proudly at this:
















"Mom, one finally opened! Aren't your panties beautiful?" she said. We had been checking them for weeks now, anxiously awaiting the first bloom. She dipped her nose down to the flower and said, "Ahhh and it smells beautiful too!".



I didn't want to crush her excitement so I went on and on for several minutes about how beautiful it was, how cool it was that she spotted the first bloom, how wondeful it smelled, etc. Finally I said, "But, honey, just so you know, they are pronounced pee-uh-neese". She looked at me quizically. "Yeah, that's what I said. Panties."


I just love her to pieces. Here are a few more pictures of my little sweetie.



Here she is on her last day of preschool. Three going on thirteen. She looks so grown up! I can't believe that's my little Kylee.








This is how she looked at 7 AM today. I feel like it goes without saying that we had just recently read a new Fancy Nancy book.



1 comment:

Andrea said...

love her. that it seriously adorable! Oh and I actually started laughing outloud when I saw the photo of her in the giant wooden shoes the other day!!