2.25.2024

Weekend Wrap-Up

 First things first I want to say that I'm so happy for Kent that he passed his test on Thursday! He's been putting in the time studying and I'm so proud of him- I knew he would do it!


I'm thankful Kael came home this weekend! I just love the energy in the house when he's home and how it feels full again- loved catching up with him and love how much he loves seeing family.  He got to go watch Brooklyn play volleyball and also come to Kase's games.


I'm thankful for an opposing coach who pulled Kase aside after his game on Saturday and told Kase, "You're the hardest worker out there.  Keep leading and your team will follow." So kind of him to take the time to encourage Kase like that and so awesome that Kase stood out enough for him to comment!


I'm thankful Kael still loves his annual Valentine gift- a photo book.  I couldn't believe he took the time to look at every page and tell me how much he loves that I still do this for him.



Just realized I've been writing this Weekend Wrap-Up as a Thankful Thursday so I'm going to reset here quick-

Friday night Kylee had a looooong run outside in the wind on a gravel road. Needless to say she was happy when it was over! She had a Junkyard game night later and then called it an early night.

Kent and Kase had baseball then Kase went with a friend to the Jag bball game. 

Saturday morning Kent and Kase went to watch a best buddy wrestle at state!



Kylee went to the gym then got some homework done then hung out with her boyfriend.  Kael went with my parents to Brooklyn's games and Keith and Cindy and Kent and I went to Kase's basketball.  My parents and Kael, Kylee and Garrett joined at the games later. It was a rough day for our team going 0-3.  Kase played his heart out though and I'm always proud of his effort and the way he handles himself on the court. But I think none of us are devastated that the season is over- ha. 


We went for dinner when we got back in town and Kase got invited to a sleepover but at the last minute we decided to have him just stay home so he played FortNite with some basketball buddies.  Kylee and Garrett hung out and Kent and I enjoyed time to catch up with Kael!

Sunday morning the kids slept in and we went to late church. Afterwards Kylee had a meeting and Kase spent the entire day playing with friends outside- it was JUST the day he needed! Kael's girlfriend came over and they went for ice cream and met up with another of Kael's friends then later just went for a drive, hung out around here- it was so nice having him home and happy Emma could come over too! Kylee spent the afternoon going for a walk with Kent, organizing her room and hanging out with Garrett. She was having kind of a bummer day finding out some friends were together without her so I was happy G could come over and cheer her up. I had a baby shower to go to then spent the afternoon going for a walk and doing stuff around the house.  Later we have the loveliest family dinner- grilled steaks and enjoyed being together around the table before Kael headed back to school. 


The warm weather and also the end of basketball season make it feel like we're closing the chapter on winter and headed for spring and we are SO ready for it! Bring on the sunshine, track, baseball and all the outside time! 













No comments: