2.11.2024

Weekend Wrap-Up

 Thursday night we celebrated my dad's birthday with dinner out at the Big Steer.  What a great night! Great food and time spent with some of my very favorite people. 



Kael drove from Pella to join the fun! Love that he wanted to be there and it's always so good to see him.



Never Idle- love this hat for my dad and also pretty fitting that it's Kase in the photo with him- ha.  He's also never idle!



The whole gang.  Plus my mom who is always so good about taking pictures! Kase said it was the best steak he'd ever had, my dad loved his meal and we even shared three desserts that were amazing so by all accounts a wonderful night. 



Earlier that morning my dad stopped by for some lemon cake I made him.  I am thankful to have time for special moments like this- to take the time to make a cake for my dad.  I'll always think of him with lemon desserts!


Birthday boy.



Friday night Kylee participated in Beats by Jags which is a group she is a part of with the special needs PE class she does.  This was so cool and I loved seeing her out there.



Kent and Kase and Crew had a great baseball practice then we took a few boys up to the basketball game too. Fun, easy night.


Saturday Kase had three games in Pella.  His team went 2-1 and he played great.  He really looked like a leader out there.  Plus we got to stop at his favorite bakery with some buddies so he was a happy guy.  Kael threw in Grinnell and Keith, Cindy and Kent went to watch him.  His girlfriend also went! Sounds like it was a fun day and shot went well but he scratched in the weight. 


Kylee had a long run and tons of homework (she's applying for National Honor Society and also taking the Seal of Biliteracy exam soon in addition to the work she has for The Walk at church) then her boyfriend came over and I think they were thrilled for a relaxing evening.  Kase had a couple buddies come over to shoot baskets and play FortNite.  Kent worked on a project in our garage- he's making a baseball workout area and he couldn't be happier about it. 


Sunday Kael came home! So great to have him around.  Kylee swam then had a meeting at church and later today we plan to have a whole gang over for the SuperBowl! Kase is having friends over and Kael and Kylee are both having their significant others over so it should be a great night! 

No comments: