1.21.2024

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday I met my mom and my aunt Connie for lunch and SO enjoyed catching up with them. They're the best.  Don't get to see my aunt and her family nearly enough! She brought us some goodies from the bakery too-she's the best. 

Kael also got to go to the University of Nebraska for a meet on Friday- Kent was able to find a live stream of the event so we got to see him a little bit.  So, so proud of Kael! 

Last week I also had a ladies night with my Crew mom friends- we had dinner out then played trivia and did pretty well!


Saturday Kase had basketball- the boys went 2-1 including a great comeback in the last game! The real highlight though was all the family and friends who came out to watch him during the day.  My nephews were playing at the same place so my whole family was there, plus Keith and Cindy came, one of Kent's brothers and his family came and four of Kase's best buddies and their moms came to watch! Kylee even drove up after her long run which was so sweet of her considering she had done 65 (!!!) laps at Trail Point! She also had a lunch meeting for her Junkyard internship. 

I should have gotten a photo of his whole cheering squad but these two have such a special cousin friendship so I was glad I at least got one of the two of them!

That night Kent had some Crew dads over for a poker/playoff football/fight night party. He loved being able to use all his TVs downstairs! Kase went to a friend's house and Kylee and I went to the new pizza place in town- it was great!




Sunday we celebrated the January birthdays at Kevin and Kaity's.  Always so great to see the family.  Kids are all growing up so fast. Then Kylee had a meeting with her mentor for The Walk and later went to paint pottery with one of her best friends.  Kent took Kase to a snowboarding lesson! Kase has been so excited lately about all the "extreme" sports- snowboarding, dirt biking, etc. And he's going snowboarding in a couple weeks with the church youth group so Kent took him to get some practice. 


Again, I didn't take nearly enough photos but was glad to capture one of these cuties making friendship bracelets together. 

Kase LOVED his snowboarding lesson.  I think we've found a new hobby for this guy!


We spent the rest of the evening home watching football and getting ready for the kids' first full week of school in what feels like forever! 

No comments: