10.11.2017

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful that "pulling a card" means something to Kase.  In kindergarten, if you don't make a good choice, you have to pull a card.  It has only happened to Kase twice and each time, he feels really badly about it.  I know he's trying his hardest!

I'm thankful that Kael isn't afraid to go in to school early if he ever needs extra help with something.  Middle school Kael is so fun.  He's just so matter-of-fact about everything.  

I'm thankful for the Hy-Vee magazine.  I love when I get home and find one in my shopping bag! 

I'm thankful for rainy days.  It's been nice to be "stuck" inside with my favorite people with the fireplace on and baking cookies!

I'm thankful Kent has a Fit Bit again.  I'm enjoying the challenges between he and I. 

I'm thankful Kael is around to fix my fantasy lineup.  We have a family competition and Kael always handles my lineup.

I'm so thankful Kase is reading! Or at least, he's starting to! He's definitely sounding out words and is so interested in letters and numbers.

I'm thankful Kael likes to get homework done right after school.  He knows if he can get it done ASAP he'll have more time for fun!

I was so thankful when I heard Kase ask my niece, Brooklyn, for a hug when they parted at the orchard on Monday.  I wasn't surprised a bit when Kylee hugged her, but then when Kase asked for a hug I just about melted.  It was the sweetest thing.  Those of you who know Kase well know that he is NOT typically a hugger.

I'm thankful for lunch out with Mandy and then an afternoon playdate with Tammy and her kids.  I love hanging with my sisters and love the little reminders of how very much alike we are.

I'm thankful for a techie husband who can do my phone updates for me and also save all my photos to save room on storage space on my phone.

I'm thankful for one last fun, whirlwind weekend ahead.  It's Kael's last football game this weekend and Kylee's last volleyball practice so our schedule will start slowing down soon! 

No comments: