6.20.2016

Weekend Wrap-up

We had a great weekend celebrating the main man in our lives! Here's how we spent our weekend.





Friday the kids and I spent the morning hanging out with cousins. They came here and played with water, played at the park, and helped Kase wash his gator. Love, love LOVE getting the cousins together.  They had so much fun!


Later that afternoon Kylee went to the pool with a friend, the boys and I ended up at a different pool, then we all met up for Tropical Smoothie. Friday night we had Kent's old co-worker and family over. Had a great time grilling out with them. 


Saturday morning was busy.  Kent and I had a meeting for our upcoming trip, the kids had triathlon practice, and Kent volunteered for the Miracle League angels in town . After a quick lunch we headed to Ottumwa to see Kevin and Katiy's new house! We had so much fun visiting them.  Kent helped with some outdoor work, the kids and I played at a park very near their house, then we went for ice cream and the kids swam at the hotel pool with Keith and Cindy while Kent and I hung out at Kevin and Kaity's for awhile and got to know some of their friends who will be in Key West with us for the wedding! Grilled and hung out on their awesome deck and beautiful backyard.  So happy for them- they've got a great place! Also we were glad to get to see Keith on Father's Day weekend- as far as fathers-in-law go, he's pretty much the best!

I failed to get many pictures that day but I did get a picture of these buddies.  Kael and Kase have been really close lately and it's so sweet.  Here, Kael let Kase wear his favorite hat.

Kase was awfully sleepy on the way home.
Sunday, Kylee could hardly wait to wake up and give Kent his Father's Day gifts.  She makes every holiday so special, you guys.  She has logged hours up in her room making "My Favorite Things About Dad" books and papers. Just love her giving spirit.


Had to have our traditional Sunday morning pancakes that Kent always makes.


He loved the sunglasses we got him.


After church, we celebrated with my family! We just hung out here and ordered pizza, in addition to this t-bone Kent grilled for my dad.  By the way, is that the cutest little photo bomber in the background or what?! Loved getting to spend extra time with her and my nephews over the last few days!



Late Sunday afternoon we headed out on the boat.  It was fairly rough out on the water but the kids had so much fun tubing. Also, Kent skiied and I won't post a picture, but he hilariously surprised us by wearing his (joke gift from his mom) American flag speedo under his trunks and when he popped up out of the water, he had removed his trunks and skiied around in the speedo.  Ha!!!! I thought the kids were going to die!



Spent our Sunday evening with a family game of kickball and relaxing on the deck.  Later we watched the NBA finals and Kent and the kids did trick shots.  All in all, a great weekend! I'm so thankful for the fathers in my life- Kent, my dad and Keith are the best dads the kids and I could as for! How was your Father's Day weekend? 

No comments: