11.08.2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

I spent the better part of Friday Christmas shopping! Kase hung out with my Mom and Dad while I got a great start on my shopping. I feel like everyone around me has already ordered holiday cards, put up their trees, etc. I'm thinking we will be doing all of that soon, but I just haven't been ready yet. I was, however, thrilled to get a lot done on Friday!

I also had lunch at school with Kylee since she was Star Student.



Later that night we had dinner out with my parents at our favorite local pizza place.  Headed home to have a family movie night. It was a great start to the weekend! 

Saturday morning the kids actually slept in- Kase was when in bed until 7:45!! Kael had a basketball game, then Kylee went to my parents' house to help my dad in their backyard. Kent went into the office for a bit. The boys and I went home and had a super productive morning- I cleaned the house and Kael got ahead on a bunch of homework. We spent the rest of the morning playing football in the backyard.




Once everyone was home, we watched the Hawkeye game and played outside with friends. A lovely little Saturday.  When we came back in that night, the kids were all kind of wrestling around in the living room. Kael picked Kykee up and accidentally knocked out her loose tooth! 


Sunday morning is pancake morning around here.  2/3 of the children in footie pajamas, 1/3 in shorts and sleeveless.  Ha!


After church, we had lunch with my grandma and parents, then headed home to spend the rest of the afternoon outside.  Kent put the lights up while the kids and I hung out with neighbors.  It was so nice to be outside all day!  Also it feels great to have our lights up! 


Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: