10.11.2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

We are fitting so much fun into these fall weekends, it's hard to believe, really.

I'm rewinding quite a bit here but I found some pictures on my phone that reminded me of some fun we had earlier in the week! 

Wednesday we went to the Fire Station Open House.  So many people.  So much fun.  And really, so.many.people.

We found Kylee's fire safety poster! 

Please take note of my favorite photo bomber in the background.



Thursday, this one slept in until 8:30.  A record, for sure. 


After school we met some besties at a favorite park. 


Kylee had an awesome week.  The Insect Zoo visited her classroom, which she LOVED.  She won a door prize from the Fire Station Open House, AND she was Main Event! But all of those things pale in comparison to what she declares to be her highlight of the week- she ran a 7:22 mile at school and "beat all the girls and even all the boys" in her class. Atta girl, Kylee!



Friday the whole fam got flu shots. Actually, I should rephrase that.  Four of us got the flu mist; Kylee requested the shot.  We spent the evening at Kase's soccer game, then headed home to watch some playoff baseball.  We heart October around here. 


Saturday we headed to Pella for our 10 year class reunion at Central College.  The kids went with us for part of the football game, then my parents, who were in town, took them back to Ankeny in time for Kael's soccer game.  Kent and I had a nice time catching up with friends we hadn't seen for a long time.  It was great being back on campus and reliving some fun memories! 




Sunday after church Kylee had a birthday party then later in the afternoon we had a company picnic. The day flew by and I'm so thankful to have a no school day tomorrow!

No comments: