1.25.2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

Every year, part of my mom's Christmas gift from my sisters and me is to plan a hotel weekend for the whole family.  So this weekend we stayed at Stoney Creek in Johnston with my sisters and their families and my parents.  It was such a great weekend- so many wonderful memories made.  Here are some pictures! 

As soon as kids' basketball games were done on Saturday (where Kael "drained a shot from downtown"- his words- that had the whole crowd, both sides, cheering), we met up with everyone at the hotel.  The kids were ready to hop in the water immediately upon arrival! 


One of the best parts of the pool is how you can swim both inside and outside. 








The hot tub is pretty sweet too!


Between swimming and eating we fit in some games.  The boys were playing Slap Jack with the most giant playing cards you've ever seen.


The girls were drawing. 

The bunk bed room was so perfect.  Tons of space for everyone to hang out! 


Our room was right next to a common area where we enjoyed hanging out and fully appreciated while the littles napped.  Before bed we had a rousing game of Family Feud- so.much.fun!


We were all up early.  So we had time for donuts.  To be clear, the donuts were in addition to breakfast.  Like a breakfast appetizer.  We had donuts, then swam, then had breakfast.  








The best part of the whole weekend was watching all the cousins play together.  I've said it before and I'll say it again- for living as close together as we do, I don't see my sisters and their families nearly enough!


Kent came to the rescue when we needed to get a mouse out of the pool.  No biggie.


The kids weren't too worried about the mouse.  They were just excited to be swimming outside in the dark while it was snowing. 


My kids were wiped when we got home- the sign of a great weekend. ;) We were in the pool seven times in twenty-four hours so the kids were tired for good reason.  This little winter getaway is something I look forward to every single year! What a great weekend!









No comments: