1.05.2015

Happy New Year!

It's been a fun, family and friend filled week around here!

NYE we went to the library for their Noon Year's Eve, then later we went out for an early dinner.  We spent the evening at our neighbor's house playing games.  When we got home, Kase went straight to bed but Kael and Kylee stayed up for awhile with me.

New Year's Day we spent hanging at my parent's house and my sisters and their families were there too.  Such a fun day! Sometimes last minute plans end up working out for the best!

We watched the Hawkeye game on Friday with friends then ended up hanging out with them all here at our house til it was all the kids' bedtime.

Saturday Kael and Kylee's basketball seasons got officially underway! Both had fun at their games. Saturday night we went out for dinner with one of my sisters and her husband and had such a nice time.  Already looking forward to the next time, when hopefully all 6 of us (my sisters and their husbands) can go out!

Yesterday was the laziest day we've had around here for as long as I can remember.  The kids and I didn't leave the house all day and we spent the majority of the day lounging around watching football.  It was heavenly.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited for the kids to go back to school today.  Not because I wanted them out of here because I love, love, love having them around, but my Type A personality was dying to get everyone back on a schedule.  We didn't set any major New Year's resolutions around here, but have a couple things we're working on.  Some easy (eat more veggies), some not so easy (potty train Kase and take away his pacifier). Here's to the start of a great year!

No comments: