12.29.2014

Weekend Wrap-Up, Christmas Edition

Our last Christmas celebration was yesterday so I thought I'd post a few pictures and stories from all the rest of our holiday fun. 

Christmas Eve Kent had the day off and we had no other family Christmases to attend.  This is the first time this has happened since we've been married! I was so looking forward to a day home with the fam.  We had cinnamon rolls in the shape of a Christmas tree for breakfast, then the kids were anxious to open gifts, which we did Scavenger Hunt style. 





The kids were so thankful for their gifts from us and their siblings and had fun playing with everything.  One of my favorite memories of the day was that Kylee gave Kael an orange Nerf football, which we promptly started playing with (in the kitchen) and knocked down one of our hanging lights above the island.  Truthfully, I hadn't picked those lights out and I had never liked them anyways.  So we made a family trip to Menards and picked out new lights! They might be my favorite Christmas gift of all! :)

Lunch was PB and J in the shape of a reindeer.  Then I planned to take the big kids to a movie while Kase napped but they wanted to stay home and play with their new stuff, so we did. Later we went for supper at Leaning Tower.



Another highlight of the day was fondue.  I had asked for a fondue pot from my parents and we had never done fondue before but, you guys, it was so much fun.  So many smiles and so much laughter.  It was a good, good day.

Christmas morning, the kids were up bright and early.  Kael reported he woke up at 3:37 and Kylee at 3:57.  Thankfully, they stayed in their rooms until nearly 5:00.  They wanted to wake Kase up so badly but agreed to wait until 5:30 to get him up.  They were so excited to see what Santa had brought!





After playing with their gifts for awhile, we headed to Collins to celebrate with Kent's family. We had such a great day.  The kids were all so excited about their gifts! We really enjoyed spending time with Kent's parents and brothers, too.  A favorite memory of the day was when Kent's brothers and I  (and Kael, for the first five minutes) went on a run around town.





When we got home that night, Kent and I started to unpack things and I told the kids they could watch TV.  Kylee said, "I'd feel much better if I could go organize my new things in my room." Ha! Christmas day wasn't even over and she was ready to get her Christmas bears and Christmas tree out of her room so she could put away her new things! 

Friday morning we ate at Machine Shed with my parents which was a lovely start to the day.  Came back home and spent the day playing with all our new stuff.  Then Kylee asked if she could help me start taking ornaments off the tree so we ended up taking down all the Christmas stuff and Kent even took the lights down outside! It was a big job, and one that I was glad to have done while I had so much good help!

Saturday we had Christmas in Sheffield with my grandparents.  It was a smaller crowd but we had such a nice time.  I failed to get any good pictures but my mom did send me this one. How cute! Kase was so sweaty from running all around but we thought it was pretty sweet how he and Brooklyn matched a little bit. 


Sunday, we had our final celebration in Collins with Kent's grandparents. Another great day there! Lots of good food and a fun exchange game.  The kids all had fun running around together too. 

It was a wonderful year and we have so much to be thankful for.  Looking forward to the rest of the week home with my kids and excited to see what 2015 has in store for us!

No comments: