9.15.2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

It was a busy one, guys.  Especially with Kent out of town. But he's home now, woohoo!!

Here's a quick(ish) re-cap.

We spent some time hangin' around at the park while Kael had practice.




The weather turned cool enough to bust out the footie pajamas.  


We tried out the new Chick-Fil-A.


We attended AJF night, also known as the Jag-Hawk bowl.  Kael had a blast running around with his friends.  I don't think he even noticed the lights were out for awhile! I was able to convince him to go home at halftime so we could have a sleepover with Kase and Kylee at my mom's house. 




We also had a visit from Kent's cousins Kelsey and Kate- wish I had gotten some pictures of you gals here! Kylee was in heaven making Rainbow Looms for them and while Kase was a little shy in the beginning, he totally warmed up.  Kael begged them to stay for his soccer game, but I promised I would post some pictures on here for them to see.  Kels, here you go! Kael had a great time being goalie and helped his team to a 8-5 victory!





We also had a visit from my BFF of nearly 18 years.  I died when we discovered we had been friends this long! Kylee was asking us about when we started being friends and we did a quick calculation to realize it has been a looooong time.  I don't see her nearly enough and it was great to be able to hang out with her this weekend!

Our beloved Hawks choked against the Cyclones this weekend, but we had bigger and better things to think about! After the game, we packed up and headed to my sister's house for a sleepover.  My mom, and also my other sister and her two kids were there too.  We ordered pizza, played outside, watched movies slumber-party style.  It was so fun.  I failed to get any pictures, though! 

Sunday morning I taught Kylee's Sunday school, then Kent surprised us by being home way earlier than we expected.  So happy he's home.  Sunday afternoon we went to Kael's game and cheered on the Orange Crush to another victory.  


I wrapped up my weekend with a walk with a good friend, then I took my littlest American Ninja to the park. 


Make it a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad I got to see you all! Can't believe it has really been so long, but I'm pretty sure we only get better with time! Loved seeing the kiddos (altho i was sore from swinging on the monkey bars!) and love my loom bracelets! Hopefully it won't be nearly as long before my next visit! Besos!

Kelsey said...

Great pictures Laura! Tell Kael, even from Korea I saw his game =) He'll be getting a fun letter/pictures in the mail in a couple weeks probably. Great seeing you guys!