8.18.2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

Hey all.  Everyone ready for a full week of school? My kids were good to go this morning, but I imagine by about Thursday, they'll be dragging a bit.  Nothing like that first full week of school, sports practices and homework.

Anyhow, we had a pretty nice weekend! Wanna hear about it?

Friday Kael had his first football practice.  Can you imagine how happy he is that they are Team Orange? His most beloved color?! I know it's killing Kent a little that he isn't coaching, but I am certainly appreciating having an extra set of hands in the evenings this fall.  


While the boys were at practice, Kylee, Kase and I dragged out some old dress up clothes.  

Saturday, as far as I can remember, we did a whole bunch of nothing.  It was kind of a gloomy day.  The kids were happy to just kind of bum around the house, then we all ran some afternoon errands together.  Saturday night we trekked to Snookie's Malt Shop in Beaverdale- we've been wanting to go for awhile now and it seemed like the perfect night to do so.  Such a cute little place (see the adorable front porch glider below) and the ice cream was delish! 




Sunday mornings look like this around here.  Every Sunday morning.  For as many years as I can remember.  The kids love trying to catch pancakes on their plates that Kent flips to them.  



After breakfast we went to watch Uncle Kyle's pinning ceremony and graduation from Officer Candidate training at Camp Dodge.  So proud of him! 



Then we had lunch at Keith and Cindy's.  These boys had fun talking about the "good old days" and it never ceases to amaze me how they remember every single play of every single ball game they ever played together. 


We intended to make a quick stop at Aunt Chris and Uncle Richie's pool.  Three hours later we finally convinced the troops to head for home. 




This morning, I'm back to babysitting and Kase is enjoying having a buddy to play with during the day.  I have already waved at Kylee once- she ran over to the fence line and blew me a few kisses and gave me two big thumbs up to indicate she's having a good day.  I spotted Kael once and he looked good too.  Here's to a great week ahead!


No comments: