1.14.2014

January 14

Nine years ago today, I stood in a room filled with both of our families.

A handsome twenty-two year old caught my eye and mouthed the words, "You know I love you, right?"

I smiled and nodded.  Because, of course, I knew.

He made is way over to me, dropped to his knee and asked me to be his wife.

And all was right with the world.




We often joke about how little we knew back then.  How little we knew of what joys and heartache we would go through together.  How little we knew of having "real people" jobs and how very, very little we knew about raising children.

We may not have known much, but we knew we wanted to be together.  And that was enough.



The other day, in an attempt to pay Kent a compliment, I commented on my admiration of the man he's become.  He's an amazing husband and father who has a great job and is now quite handy around the house.  I said, "You know, if I had to choose between marrying Kent Now and Kent Nine Years Ago, I'd choose Kent Now.  I love who you've become." 

He replied, "I'd choose Laura Nine Years Ago."

Har-di-har-har.  He's lucky I appreciate his sense of humor.

No comments: