4.27.2013

Kase is ONE!

At one year old, Kase...

weighs 21 pounds 15 ounces which puts him in the 60%.

is 30 1/2 inches tall which puts him in the 80%.

has 4 teeth.

says Mom, ball, Dad, woof, no.

can point to a light.  (The ability to point is particularly notable to me because that was a skill Kael didn't have, which was one of the first clues about the autism.)

sleeps whenever he feels like it.

carries anything around the house that he can get his hands on.  Shoes, measuring cups, markers...anything!

loves his bottle more than any baby I've known. He calls it a "Boom".

eats anything and everything.

enjoys playing peek-a-boo.

turns every diaper change into a wrestling match.

eats anytime anyone else is eating.

loves to be outside and can totally hold his own on the trampoline.

has completely stolen my heart with his big, brown, innocent eyes.  He has such a sweet personality but can also be a charmer with his flirty smile.  He is so proud of himself when he completes a task and his throaty laugh is music to my ears. There is no greater sound in all the earth, especially when it's Kael or Kylee making him laugh.  I hope I never forget the way he says, "Hi Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma" when I walk into his room to pick him up from a nap.  I hope I have captured enough video of him taking his quick little straight-legged steps.  And the cheeks.  Those cheeks! The ones that cause neighbor girls to swoon and make googly eyes at me through the tumbling window while I'm holding him.  Their eyes clearly saying, "I just want to pinch his cheeks!!!" His hair has the most handsome little curls in the back that turn into major curls when he's sweaty.  He has a go-with-the-flow attitude that is typical of third children that I am really grateful for.

Kase completes our family so perfectly.  He fills a void that I never even realize existed and even though we spent several years as a family of four, I can't imagine our lives without him.  We totally needed a Kaser.  Happy First Birthday, Kase!!!  I love you so much!














No comments: