4.25.2013

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for our neighborhood.  Whoever said "money can't buy happiness" obviously didn't purchase a house in the right neighborhood.

I'm thankful there's only 23 days left of school.

I'm thankful that I get to stay home with my kids even when my after school babysitting kids ask me what I do for a real job and I tell them that I babysit and they say, "That's all? Like you don't leave the house in the mornings to go to work?"

I'm thankful that Kent and I agreed to have someone else do our landscaping. Time is money, folks. And time is a precious commodity around these parts.

I'm thankful I got Kylee and Kael registered for swimming lessons.  Locals, you know how cut throat that is, am I right?

I'm thankful for a nice run in the rain on Monday night.

I'm thankful for an amazing friend.  The other day when I was attempting to get my kids signed up for swimming lessons, my friend was experiencing the same troubles.  However, she had to leave her house to run her daughter to preschool so I stayed online since I was at home and successfully got her daughter registered for lessons.  As a thank you, she brought me over some of her world famous guacamole.  Totally made my night.

I'm thankful for PTO fundraisers at Cherry Berry.  Someone was seriously thinking when they planned this.  Hey, let's schedule a fundraiser at a fro-yo place close to our school and see if we can't get parents to take their kids out on a Monday night. And let's make sure the kids know about it so they beg their parents to go. Fifteen of us from our street alone were there! YUM.

I'm thankful for a visit from Governor Brandstad to the Ashland Ridge second graders.  So cool!




I'm thankful for another super fun birthday weekend ahead!!!

I'm REALLY thankful for my personal assistant Mom because without her none of the fun ideas I have for birthdays would become a reality.  My house would be a mess, the laundry would never get folded and I would constantly be out of groceries.  I would have to take sleepy (read: grumpy) kids along with me to run errands.  Seriously I could not have made it through this crazy, fun month without her help!

I'm equally thankful for my mother-in-law Cindy who has graciously offered to come early Saturday morning to help out with last minute party prep and watch Kase so I can go to Opening Ceremonies for Little League.  Also I think she's going to pick up the cake and balloons for me although I'm not sure she knows it yet.  ;) You're the best, Cindy!!!

No comments: