12.20.2012

Thankful Thursday

In the wake of such a terrible tragedy, I feel there are no words.  I'm from the "everything happens for a reason" camp but when something like this happens...I, like everyone else, am just completely shaken and am left wondering "Why??? What's the reason?"  And I hate that it takes something so big for me to be so thankful of the little things.

I am thankful for every day that my children arrive home safely from school.

I'm thankful for those brave souls that sacrificed themselves and ultimately saved lives that day.

I'm thankful for hugs from my kids.

I'm thankful for a husband who loves me.

I'm thankful for a baby that needs me.

I'm thankful for a warm home to live in.

I'm thankful for a God that saves.

I'm thankful for a friend who understands me.

I'm thankful that there is good in the world.

I'm thankful for people who stand up for what's right.

I'm thankful we have enough.

I'm thankful for people who do the right thing whether it's going to get recognized or not.

I'm thankful for the parents that raised me.

I'm thankful for my sisters who are my best friends.

I'm thankful for time to reflect.

I'm thankful for a fresh blanket of snow.

Have a very Merry Christmas!


No comments: