5.06.2012

Family of Five

Thank you all so much.  For the phone calls, the e-mails, the visits.  For continuing to check the blog day after day with no new post from me. :) I promise you'll be flooded with pictures and stories soon.  I've just been spending all my free time cuddling Kase.  It is so awesome having a newborn around again.  And Kael and Kylee have been AMAZING.  Not jealous, but interested.  Not smothering, but helpful. 

I have so much to say that I'm not even sure where to start so I guess I'll begin at the beginning.









 Thursday, April 26 I was supposed to be induced.   Turns out lots of people were having babies that day so I got bumped to Friday, April 27 and really, it was perfect.  I ended up having the same nurse that I did when I delivered Kael (Coincidence? I think not) and we LOVED her.  I won't go into details about labor and delivery but I will say that it was all very smooth.  Doc broke my water at 8:30 and Kase arrived at 1:52 and I can honestly say it was a very pleasant experience. I'd actually even go as far as to say it was easy.  Kent, the nurse and I had fun playing a Sports Hangman game that my family had given me. We laughed and joked and chatted pretty much the whole time up until it was time to push. Thank goodness for epidurals!

 I do recall that it was probably a full five minutes after he was born that the doctor finally said, "So what's his name?" and I just laughed because Kent and I honestly hadn't decided on Kase until the night before.  So it was lucky I wasn't induced on Thursday! The whole name thing was on my mind the.entire.pregnancy.  Kent liked Kole, but I thought it was too close to Kael.  We thought about doing Kole with  J middle name so that if Kael/Kole sounded too much alike then this one could go by KJ.  Several people voiced concern that we might not use Alan as a middle name. (Kent, his dad, his brothers and Kael all have the middle name Alan). We liked a couple trendy names (think Knox, Kash) but ultimately decided we were not trendy enough ourselves to use such names.  Kase had always been at the top of our list. Now that he's here and I see him and I've spent over a week with him...it just fits him perfectly.

I really wanted Kael and Kylee to be the first ones to meet him and you guys, it was so perfect.  My mom had the kids looking all cute in their Big Brother/Big Sister shirts and Kylee walked in carrying flowers and Kael was carrying a balloon. They were smitten with Kase from the very start. I will never forget that moment when they met their little brother and we became a family of five.



No comments: