2.09.2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful Kylee was fine after sledding last weekend. She and Kael were going down the hill in my dad's backyard and she was in front when they smashed into a tree.  By fine, I mean she bit her tongue and blood was gushing out of her mouth.

I'm thankful that Kylee got to hear the baby's heartbeat at my last appointment.  I don't make it a habit of bringing the kids along to my appointments, but I'd had to reschedule this one and the only time I could go was a time that Kylee would be with me which I figured was ok since they just had to measure me and listen to the heartbeat.  It was cool that she got to hear it.

I'm thankful Kent comes home tomorrow!

I'm thankful Kael's friend is ok after a tumble from our treehouse last Sunday.  By ok, I mean he has a broken arm.  I felt absolutely horrible! Thankfully his parents have a very cool "boys will be boys" attitude about it all. Just so you know, Kent was out there with Kael and his buddy so it's not like the boys were roughhousing or outside unsupervised or anything like that.

I'm thankful my mother-in-law came to hang out on Wednesday.  Spending the afternoon chatting with her made my day fly by!

I'm thankful for Kael's school fundraiser night at Burger King.  They have one every month and we've only made it once so far.  Since Kent was out of town I decided to take the kids. I'm very thankful my mother-in-law went with us.  I can only take so much of fast-food playplaces on my own. :)

I'm thankful that today is Kylee's half birthday.  So I bought her a birthday cake.  Was it silly of me to hope I could walk into the Target bakery section and find a half of a cake? Because they do sell half pies ya know.  But alas, no half cakes so I found the prettiest, most chocolatey cake I could find, brought it home, cut it in half and put it on our cake stand.  I then promptly ate  hid the other half.  I try to be extra fun when Kent's out of town and since Kylee has a summer birthday I thought it would be fun to make her half birthday extra special.




She was thrilled when she woke up and saw her half cake! "Mom, did you bake this last night when I was sleeping? I bet you've never baked just half a cake before!" Then she ran to her room and put on a sundress to make sure she was fancy for her 4 and a half "birthday".

I'm thankful my phone still works after being dropped in the toilet.  Note to self: when your husband is out of town and you wear his sweatshirt because it fits better than your own clothes do you miss him, make sure you realize that the pocket in his sweatshirt hangs much lower than the pocket in your own sweatshirt might, making it far too easy for a cell phone to slip out of said pocket.

I'm thankful my mom came to hang out for awhile today.  It's so nice to have adult company while Kent is out of town and as often as we talk, it was nice to actually have more than a couple minutes here and there to catch up!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: