1.22.2012

Pinterest- I did it

Remember when I promised myself that if I finally got on Pinterest, I wouldn't just pin things without doing them? A fairly lofty goal, eh? :) Here's a handful of things I've done so far.... (I haven't totally figured out how to credit the source on Pinterest so I'll just put a link to the blog it originates from.  Baby steps. :)

One of my girlfriends had a baby shower and I found this cute baby gift idea. It uses onsies, washclothes, socks, hairbows and a bath toy to look like sushi! Too fun.



Special K No Bake Cookies:  These could be dangerous.  I make scotcharoos alllll the time and this is a very similar idea.  I had bought some Special K the other day and needed to use it up.  Why not just eat it, like, for example, in a bowl of cereal, you ask? Random fact about me is that I really only eat Special K Red Berries for cereal, but I actually pick out those dehydrated/freeze dried strawberries because I don't like to eat them.  I have been doing this for years, you guys.  So, finally I bought plain Special K but just as I suspected, the flakes from the Red Berry box taste much better than those from the plain box.  So, back to Red Berries it is. :) Anyhow, so I found these little no bake cookies on Pinterest and consider yourself warned...they are addictive! Plus, using a cookie scoop is just so fun. :)


Strawberry Cream Cheese Croissants: An absolutely delicious addition to breakfast.  Mmmm.


Cool whip on hot chocolate: (I can't find the original source on this one) Basically you spread hot chocolate out on a cookie sheet, freeze it, and use cookie cutters for desired shape.  My star started to melt by the time I got the camera out but they turned out pretty cute!



Questions with kids: There are several of these floating around on Pinterest but we've had fun with this one. It gets us talking about things besides, "How was your day?"

Valentine's Day teacher's gift: People are so creative.  Other people, that is.  Not me.  But there are so so many creative ideas out there for teacher's gifts.  I thought this Fortune Cookie one was cute and the kids were excited that I had bought enough extra for them to have one after dinner the other night. 


Valentines for kids:  I loved the Valentines we made last year but didn't want to do exactly the same thing this year.  So, we did almost the exact same thing.  Took a picture of the kids, wrote "I like you. You make me SNICKER!" then attached the mini candy bar so it looks like they are holding it.  I used double sided tape for mine and am starting to think I might have been a bit too hopeful, thinking the tape will keep them stuck 'til Valentine's Day.  That's what I get for being on the ball, I guess. :)






Organizing school papers: Cute printables!



Organizing keepsakes: Oh my.  This has been such a task.  This is what my family room looked like for about two weeks. I've made quite a bit of progress but it's certainly not finished yet.





Snowman Donut snack for preschool: Kylee was so excited to get the snack basket last week at school.  We made these cute snowmen faces out of donuts, orange slices, and mini chocolate chips. Kylee proudly reported, "Mom! Everyone said my snack was delicious!!!"



Pregnancy pictures: I took a picture with myself, Kael and Kylee at 20 weeks and 25 weeks.  Now the trick will be to remember and keep taking pictures every few weeks until the baby gets here!

Happy pinning!

1 comment:

Our Crazy Filled Life said...

I've been following your blog for a while and you have no idea who I am lol! But I went to school with Kent. Anyways, I've been making those no bake peanut butter cookies for years! Except we use corn flakes instead of special K, although I might have to try Special K next time. :) I actually had to quit making them so often because my husband and I will literally eat an entire batch in two days!!! (Not so good for the waist line lol!)