1.26.2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for a Saturday night trip to Ames last weekend to have dinner with Kent's family.  Later we went back to his aunt and uncle's house to Skype with his cousin who is in Korea.  The kids were so happy to see her!

I'm thankful for a giant, awesome fort Kent built out of blankets for the kids.  He and I had some pretty serious football-watching plans on Sunday afternoon and I knew the kids would get bored of it after awhile so he built them a fort, rented a couple movies and they had a blast.

I'm thankful for people who say, "Wow you look great!" and not quite as thankful for those who say, "Wow, your belly has reeeeallly popped since I saw you last." Actually I don't really mind that either...being pregnant rocks.

I'm thankful for Sunday morning pancakes.

I'm thankful that when I went to eat lunch with Kael on Monday, I ended up not staying.  See, I had been volunteering and had told him I'd stay for lunch afterwards, but then lunchtime rolled around and there were several kids asking him, "Kael, pick me to sit by you! Pick me, Kael!" I didn't want to take up a spot next to him when clearly there were other kids who wanted to hang with him, so I headed home, happy to see Kael having fun with his friends.

I'm thankful for my three favorite times of the day: morning coffee with Kent, afternoon cuddling in the rocking chair reading books with Kylee, picking Kael up from school and hearing about his day.

I'm thankful no one told me that I'm starting to waddle.  I totally caught myself the other day as I walked out to the mailbox.  There was no one else around and I just froze and started laughing out loud.  "Oh my gosh, I'm waddling." I thought to myself.  "I'm only 6 months pregnant and I'm waddling already."

I'm thankful that when I asked the kids "If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?" they played along.  Kylee wishes for: glasses, a cell phone of her own (already?! she's only 4!!), and a new house.  Kael wishes that he could eat Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza every day, he wishes he had a dog, and he wishes that goblins were real (???).

I'm thankful that the new Protein Plus cereal I bought in an effort to eat  healthier isn't terrible.  It smells a little like dog food but when I mix it with my beloved Special K Red Berries, the dog food smell is almost indetectable. :)

I'm thankful I figured out that my camera can do this color sketch. I finally cracked open that user's manual and found some pretty cool stuff.  My goal is to not just keep it on the "auto" setting forever. :)


I'm thankful for snowball fights with neighbors.


I'm thankful for a YouTube tutorial on how to use the selective color setting on my camera.  Kylee's lips are so pink!


I'm thankful we made a snowman before the snow all melted away.  This guy stood for about two minutes before falling over. :)


Lastly, I'm thankful for me and Kylee's last Girl's Night of the season.  Evidently last night was the last night of wrestling practice for the first graders so I'm glad Kylee and I did something special.  We went and saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D. Can you believe it's the first movie I've seen in the theater in 3D? That tells you how often I make it to the theater. :)


Happy Thursday!

No comments: