1.19.2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm really thankful for the camera Kent got me for Christmas.  I really need to read the owner's manual, but even as little as I know about it, it takes wonderful pictures and I'm so happy to have it.

I'm thankful Kael is having fun at basketball.  He really loves being out on the court and he does a great job!



I'm thankful my kids are early risers.  I love that I don't have to drag them out of bed in the mornings- they wake up early and they wake up happy.  I'm also thankful that my earliest riser (Kylee) has learned how to get some yogurt all by herself then read books in her room until I'm awake.  This is VERY helpful on the days (probably 6 out of 7) that she's awake by 5:15.

I'm thankful Kylee's preschool decided to bring back their kinderprep program for next year.  Since Kylee's an August birthday we're not going to send her to kindergarten.  One of the boys I babysit will be going to kindergarten next year, so, selfishly, I'm really looking forward to next year being home with the new baby, Kylee and Brooklyn. Kylee would be more than ready to go to kindergarten in the fall but I like the idea of her being old for her grade, and I happen to know the teacher that's going to run the kinderprep program does an amazing job helping the kids learn to read and things like that.  Kylee's going to feel like such a big kid being at school 3 days a week from 9:00-2:30, and will even get to bring a lunch along! She's going to love it.
I'm thankful that people are interested enough in my blog that they remind me it's Thursday and I need to get something posted. :)

I'm thankful I got bunches of groceries last week so I'm all ready in case we get the predicted snowstorm this weekend.  Actually, the hot cocoa and marshmallows are already sitting out on my counter just waiting for me the kids.

Kylee would like to add something to this week's Thankful Thursday. She says, "I'm thankful for my grandma and grandpa, my brother, my cousin, my dad, my mom, my baby brother, and like, everyone else that I know." :)

I'm thankful for my job and my husband's job.  First and foremost, I suppose I'm thankful for Kent's job, which allows me to be able to stay home and do my job.  I love that it's 9:00 in the morning and I'm still in jammies and slippers.  :) It's not that I love my job just so I can be lazy...I love it because I feel like I can get so much done during the day- that way, when Kent gets home, dinner is ready, the house is tidy, laundry hasn't piled up, and we can spend the whole night just hanging out as a family.  Life's little luxuries, ya know?

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: