8.19.2011

Friday Fun

Summer's over but I haven't posted all the fun pictures and stories that I wanted to! Here's my last ditch effort to relive summer just a teeny bit. :)





I can't belive I haven't blogged about King's Pointe yet! I could go on and on and on about how much fun we had at this place. Kent declared it to be one of the best waterpark hotels we've stayed at (and we've been to a lot my friends) so that's really saying something. Right when you walk in the hotel lobby there are HUGE windows overlooking the lake and it is beautiful. They had me at hello. Here's a few photos from the trip.




Silly Garmin...we're not driving in the middle of nowhere! Clearly it's not up to date on how far Hwy 20 goes through now. :) The kids thought it was hilarious and kept telling Kent to get back on the road.




I acutally snapped this picture on the way out of town because by that time no one wanted to get out of the car for a picture.





Room with a view? I think so. Not a bad way to wake up.











Yeah, Kael can go off the high dive.













I really really really wanted to climb the lighthouse. Just 'cause.



Soooo glad we did.






We have to find some way to kill time before the waterpark opens. Funny pictures by tree carvings of bears? Check.





Moving on....State Fair! As far as I'm concerned, especially if you live in Central Iowa, it's mandatory to go to the fair. And eat something on a stick. Kael had a pork chop on a stick and Kylee had a candy stick. So representative of their personalities. Ha!








Kylee is not as impressed as I thought she might be by the butter cow. So I made a growly face with her. There was, however, a giant birthday card marking its (his/her?) 100th birthday. Kudos to the person who wrote, "Holy cow! You're 100!" That comment had me laughing for the rest of the night.






Best 50 cents I ever spent. Kylee made this Tropical Fruit candy stick last for almost the entire night.





Every year my dad and I share a plate of these chips. Sooooo good.




Ok, so we let Kent share too. ;) It is a big plate, after all.




Not that he should have been hungry after he ate this Giant Tenderloin....







Ok, that's all the fair fun. Here's just some random stuff. Kael is getting to be quite the SK8R boy. Mostly I just wanted to write SK8R so that's why I posted this picture.

Kylee loves babies.




Kael too.





If summer passed you by and you didn't go here or here you are truly missing out. Because they are under the same roof! Did you hear that? Donuts on one side, bagels on the other. Brilliant. Giant donut for Kael and a pink (Berry Berry) bagel with frosting for Kylee.






A few more random comments:

We were recently out around the fire pit at our house with our neighbors. (Tell me you're using these for s'mores at your house too? They're perfect! Another great idea my neighbor has is to use these cookies instead of graham crackers and chocolate. The chocolate is already on the cookie! Brilliant!) Anyhow, our college-bound, 18 year old neighbor went home for a sec, saying that he had a going away present for Kael and Kylee. He came back with two boxes filled with toys- one full of stuffed animals for Kylee and one filled with action figures for Kael. How sweet, right? It made me feel like I was living Toy Story 3 for a minute!


Kylee Kay is well on her way to learn how to ride a bike without training wheels. I'll keep you posted.



My little Kylee started her modeling career. Well, I'm exaggerating a tiny bit but my super creative girlfriend makes some adorable girls clothes. You can check them out here. She asked Kylee to model some of the clothes for her Etsy site and Kylee was honored. She really had fun posing with a bunch of other little girls and the pictures turned out so cute! I haven't ordered it yet but Kylee definitely needs one of those pleated skirts.


I'm not promising that wraps up our Summer Fun, but that's all I've got for now. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post lady. love you