7.28.2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful that sometimes when I let Kylee dress herself, it totally works out. Initially, I was questioning her choice of a tank top, khaki shorts and boots in the 100 degree temps today. Then I let her play at the little playplace at the grocery store that has a riding bull. I'm really thankful she had those boots on because how cute is this picture?








I'm thankful for the pictures Kael has taken on his digital camera. The older he gets and the more he matures, the more I am loving his sense of humor.




Brooklyn, upside-down. Well, the camera is. Not her.


Passing the time at Toe Tappers.




Right back at ya, bud.




















I'm thankful Kylee is having fun at Toe Tappers. And yes I am that mom who thinks my kid is the cutest one there.










I'm thankful my kids can make their own fun on a routine grocery shopping trip.





Today I was sooooo thankful for the guy in Wal-Mart aisle who helped me locate a plain, colored, One Subject Wide Ruled Notebook. Why wouldn't something like that be located in the school supply aisles? Because, duh Laura, you should have looked by the fresh flowers. That's where you can find such an item. Grrr. I was literally seconds away from losing my sanity when he pointed me in the right direction.








I'm thankful for a girl who can find nearly anything to compliment a person on. Recently, Kylee politely told our neighbor (who runs a tattoo shop, and has quite a few tattoos), "I really like your stamps. They're very colorful and very big."






I'm thankful Kent will be home tomorrow. I was going to take a picture of how empty our fridge is when he's gone- it's so sad! We have been eating out a liiiittle too much while he's away. Seriously, had I not gotten groceries today, our fridge would consist of a lonely half-gallon of milk, an apple, half of a Papa John's pizza, 2 yogurts, spinach and a few blueberries.






I'm thankful my mother-in-law's gastric bypass surgery went well. We love ya Grandma Cindy!!!





I'm thankful that I'm a mommy. Last night when I tucked the kids in Kael said, "Mom, I love you as big as the world."





I'm thankful that my dad has buckets full of patience. We took the kids out to drive golf balls on Monday and how he got Kael to listen to him, I will never know! And yes, if you're curious, Kael can absolutely hit the ball farther than I can. And straighter.









I'm thankful for a son with a big heart. Yesteday Kylee accidentally broke a necklace that Kael had made at his day camp. She ran upstairs crying and had gathered every single bead in her tiny hands. "Mommy I'm so sorry I did this!" she exclaimed. (I'm also thankful for her honesty.) I praised her for coming and telling me the truth right away and told her how I was proud of her for picking up all the pieces and assured her it could be fixed. Kael walked into the room to see what was going on. He saw the broken necklace and I froze, waiting for his response. He surprised me, "It's alright Kylee. I'm not mad. It's no big deal." Relief. I could tell Kylee still felt badly, and so could Kael. He looked her right in the eye and said, "Kylee would you like to lay your head on my shoulder while you cry?"


1 comment:

mama walker said...

LOVE THAT BOY!!!( and the girl too)