5.19.2011

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday's post was a bit lengthy so here are some pictures of things I'm thankful for.


I can't believe this is the only picture I am posting from Easter, but wow that was a long time ago and I am clearly behind on blogging about big events like Easter, May Day and Mother's Day.


But I wanted to post this picture because I am so thankful for my family's tradition of having an egg cracking contest. So, everyone picks a hard-boiled, dyed egg. We set up brackets and everyone gets a chance to stand across from their competition and tap (or smash, depending on your style) their eggs together. Whichever egg doesn't crack moves on to the winner's bracket. Eventually, there is only one egg left. Kent has been the winner for the last couple years! Then we throw the eggs from the deck down into my dad's creek. Silly tradition, I know. But something I look forward to every single year.




I'm thankful for the opportunity to go with Kael's class on their field trip to the farm. It's so fun to see him interacting with his friends.








Two words: Tulip Time





Not a chance I can only write two words about Tulip Time. I tried, but I have to say something about these Poffertjes. I seriously love these little Dutch pancakes that are covered with powdered sugar and butter. I make it my personal mission to go to Tulip Time if not JUST to have a plate full of these delicious little things. Last year I stood in line for a half hour in the rain just to get them! This year, the weather was much better. Also this year, we took the kids to the Lighted Night Parade and it was really cool. It was the first year I thought they'd be able to stay up for the whole thing and sure enough they did!



Hilarious. Above and below. :)



No comments: