9.13.2020

Weekend Wrap-Up

We are still getting used to this Hybrid schedule but Kase is happy his cousin is on the same schedule so they can walk to school together! Even on rainy days!

 

Kent left Thursday morning to go fishing with my dad, grandpa and brother-in-law.  They didn't have great luck but I think they had a fun time!


Friday the kids got their school work done early and by mid morning I had a house full of kids! Actually, they weren't really in my house- everyone was so desperate for some outside time they didn't mind the rain since it finally warmed up a bit and they played all afternoon!






Friday night Kael had a game.  The rest of us grabbed dinner with my sister, her kids and my mom.  Then the kids hung out at my sisters' while I went to the game and later my mom came too.  


The rain stopped for awhile and it was great seeing Kael out there! Keith and Cindy had come to watch the first part of the game too- so thankful for everyone who shows up to support Kael.

This is Kael celebrating after the Jags scored!





Saturday we had a lazy morning here.  Kids slept in then Kylee and I rode bikes to the Farmer's Market.  Kase and Kylee had friends stop by later that day.  Actually, they all stayed all day, basically.  I love a house full of happy kids.  Kael and I had fun watching the Iowa State game together and also he went to the gym.  Later that night he had a sleepover with friends and Kylee babysat.

Sunday morning Kent got home from his fishing trip much earlier than we anticipated so that was fun! He even made it home in time for Kase's first football game.  Kase played great- had two interceptions and scored the two point conversion after one of our touchdowns.  He was *so* close to having a one handed interception near the end of the game and he was so, so disappointed when he didn't completely catch it! He's such a competitor.  It was a beautiful day for a game and he was happy the team won. 







No comments: