5.27.2019

Weekend Wrap-Up

I think I've figured out how to input photos from my phone on the blog now, so I'm going to start with a bunch of photos that should have gone with previous posts, then I'll get to our awesome, long weekend!

Here's Kael and Kase playing together- I just love when I stumble across moments like this.





Kylee has been enjoying 5th grade dress up days and even won first place for her fisherwoman outfit!


Kase had a fun (and looks like sweaty) afternoon with a friend at the playplace then out for dinner the other night.  Kase has been having lots of playdate invitations from friends lately and I hope it's a sign of lots of summer fun ahead with friends!


Yearbook day continues to be a favorite day around here. The kids make up fun games like "try to find the strongest/fastest/smartest/nicest kid on each page". This entertains them for hours!



 Hat day!


This was a photo from my girls' lunch the other day.  Fresh lilacs make me happy and mostly I took this picture for Kylee since usually she is the one making our cheese and cracker trays around here and I wanted to show her how mine turned out!


So, now for our weekend.  Friday was Crazy Hair Day! I had French braided Kylee's hair the night before (which she never asks me to do so I was thrilled) and it turned out so fun and crimpy the next morning. 


While we were out and about later that night, Kase said, "Mom, take my picture- do I look like a dog?!"


He came home from school and had gotten the last Main Event of the year! He was so happy and I'm so proud of him for working hard all the way up until the end of the school year!


Friday after school the kids all played with friends outside.  Kent went golfing with my dad.  We thought it was supposed to be rainy so we had bought tickets to see Aladdin.  The weather turned out to be just fine but we were happy to see Aladdin- it was awesome!

Saturday morning we were up early working in the garage organizing it.  Then we took a family bike ride to the Farmer's Market! It was such a great morning.  We got home and Kael was mowing our yard when I got a text from a neighbor saying they decided at the last minute to go out of town for the weekend and if Kael wanted to mow their yard while they were gone they would pay him.  So he did! He was so happy and proud.


Meanwhile, Kase was at Adventureland with a friend.  They had so much fun, especially on the bumper cars where I hear they were making a name for themselves by (playfully) trash talking everyone- even the adults! 




After mowing was done for Kael, we took the big kids to cool off at the pool! 





On our way home, I had a message from my sister asking if we could join them for dinner at their house.  Kids had so much fun running around and catching frogs and playing.  Then they all asked for a sleepover so this crazy cousin crew all ended up at our house! 



They really were so easy to have stay over and had so much fun together.


After church, we headed to the Briarwood Season Opening Pool Party.  The kids loved it! And we loved the fact it was less busy than the public pools.


Then we headed to Ottumwa to hang with Kent's family.  The kids just love getting to see Kellen.


And Uncle Kyle even let Kael take him for a drive!


Look at those cuties splashing in the water!


Loved spending the weekend with this handsome guy.


We woke up this morning to storms rolling in.  Kent and Kylee just love watching them from our front porch.


When the rain cleared we went to my parents' house.  The kids played outside and we all had lunch together and enjoyed hanging out.  We came home and the kids all found friends to play with while Kent mowed the yard.  Later Kent took Kael golfing! They are such buddies right now and Kent was glad to have him along!



Meanwhile, I took Kylee and Kase to the pool.  A fun way to spend the afternoon! When we got home one of Kase's friends came over to play and the whole neighborhood crew joined at the park.  We finished our weekend of fun with Kael taking me for a drive (he's getting so good!) and then watching a movie.  What a fantastic weekend!

No comments: