5.30.2019

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for parents who coordinate coaches gifts from the whole team.

I'm thankful for banana bread delivery from my parents.

I'm thankful for the sweetest gifts from my students.  Gift cards to some of my favorite places, flowers, and the most thoughtful handwritten notes and drawings.

I'm thankful it's the last day of school! Kael gets out at 10:50 today and I'm looking forward to spending the afternoon with him then will be anxious for Kase and Kylee to get home at 3:00!

I'm thankful for trips to Sweet Swirls with my crew and their friends.


I'm so thankful that all of Kylee's hard work and training has paid off.  She has been so anxious to run a mile in under six minutes and last night she did! At the mile to mile race the boys and girls run together and she was so proud to break away from this pack of boys (including one teammate who is always good competition for her).



I'm so proud of Kylee and so very happy for her.  I love seeing her run but just as much, I love seeing her be a good teammate. Before her race even started, she went on the inside of the track and ran alongside several neighbors and friends in different age divisions, encouraging them to finish strong.  Right before her own race, she found her toughest competition and gave her a good luck high five.  After grabbing a quick Gatorade after her race, she hurried back to the finish line to cheer on the rest of the kids in her age division.  She has the heart of a champion and I just know she's going to do great things!


I love this running community!


At the very end of the night there was a 4x400 that some friends asked Kylee to be a part of.  I love that she wanted to join and it was a fun race to watch!


I'm thankful for my job, which allows me to be home all summer with my kids.  I can't wait for trips to the pool and Adventureland and all the fun things we have planned! Happy Thursday, all!


No comments: