6.02.2019

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a weekend to kick off summer!!

Thursday was the last day of school.  I just can't believe how very grown up they all look- especially Kael!! By all accounts it was a great school year- one of the best so far I would say.  But the kids are ready for summer!





I had a punny note waiting for them when they got up.  What's summer without a little junk food?


Then I chalked the driveway for when they got home.



Kylee's last ever recess at Ashland Ridge!


Kael was out of school super early that day- 10:50! So he and I got to spend the afternoon together and have lunch.  Then he mowed the lawn for me (have I mentioned I love 14 year old Kael?!) and then he went fishing with my dad and out for ice cream.  Happy guy.


Meanwhile, one of Kylee's friend's moms and I were setting up for a last day of school party!


What a crew.  There were ice cream floats, snacks, Gatorade...and they entertained themselves by bopping beach balls around the backyard and just having fun.


Kase (who had come home sad because he caught a frog at school and everyone was running away from him) immediately changed his mood once Kirsten got him a root beer float!


Fifth Sixty grade boys are a fun bunch.


And so are second grade boys!


It was a beautiful afternoon and a fun way to start summer. I'm thankful that Kylee likes hosting these things at our house and I'm thankful for friends' moms who are willing to help out! I think it's going to be a great summer for this group.




Later that night Kase was so proud to show me the awards he had gotten at school! They fit him just perfectly!


Friday morning the kids actually slept in a little bit! Kylee had stayed over at a friends' house so I quick took the boys for haircuts then we spent a little time just hanging around the park playing with friends.  Later we went to the pool and when we came home we went for a bike ride to Orange Leaf and Kase ran into his best buddy! That night we had a great time at our neighbor's house having a KanJam tournament. Kael and Mark (aka God Squad) were named winners!


Saturday morning Kent went fishing with my dad.  I enjoyed a nice relaxing morning and took a walk and read a book.  Perfect summer bliss! Later Kael had basketball camp then Kase had a baseball game.  I just love watching his team this year- they are so fun and all such good buddies. And man, can they hit the ball!

After the game we went to the pool for a little while where Kase ran into a friend.  He and Kylee ended up staying a little longer at the pool so Kent, Kael and I could head to his game a little early.  So thankful for Kase's friends' parents who let Kase hangout for a little extra time and super thankful for Kent's parents who were willing to pick Kylee and Kase up to bring to the soccer game later!


I always love watching Kael play soccer.  It was the last game of the season and likely the last time he will play Rush soccer.  He's looking forward to school soccer next year!



Sunday the kids slept in (again!) so Kent and I took a long walk.  Once everyone was up we did a little fishing then the kids all played around with friends.  Kent and Kylee set up the volleyball net so she could play with a friend.  We spent some time getting things done around the house- Kent washed the car, then later I took the kids to the pool while Kent studied.  In the evening the kids played outside with friends again then we all rode to Orange Leaf and then wrapped up our night with some family Speed Ball in the backyard! One of Kael's friends joined later in the evening.  I LOVE summer!

No comments: