1.31.2019

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for Kase's friend's birthday party at Triad last weekend.  He needed to get out and burn some energy! {The mom later sent me a slow- mo video of Kase doing a flip and said, "He's such a stud!"}



I'm thankful this buddy is feeling better.  He woke up Monday feeling crummy and I took him to Urgent Care- and sure enough he had strep.  He was so miserable he tried to relax on the table- doesn't he look so crazy grown up? I swear he's growing a ton lately.


I am so thankful for what a good kid he is.  We spent all Monday just hanging out together, playing cards and video games and watching movies.  Tuesday he stayed home and my mom came to hang out with him for awhile then after she left when I got home from work I went to get some groceries and Kael hopped off the couch to help me unload all of them.  So sweet of him since I know he still wasn't feeling great!

I'm thankful my mom was able to bring Kael a smoothie to help him feel better and also so thankful she finished up my laundry while I was at work!

I'm thankful we already knew Tuesday that the kids would have no school Wednesday.  It is just SO cold out and I was glad for a night at home knowing we wouldn't have to get up for school the next day!

I'm thankful my father-in-laws knee procedure went well on Monday.  He hadn't been fully recovered from his knee surgery in November and now he's anxious to get back to 100%!

I'm thankful for no school again today.  We thought we were only going to have a late start but the kids were thrilled to find out there was no school today either! We had a fun time going to the gym with my parents and sister and kids.

Funny cousins.  Just missing the Vogel kids who were sadly at school today!

Twinning with my dad! 

These two twinning in their Jag gear.  



I'm thankful for this handstand maniac. Seriously he does them all.over.the house and can hold them for a crazy long time. Also note his style- Hawkeye socks, man tights, colorful shorts and shirt, mardi gras neckace. Kase wears what he likes.



I'm thankful for Kael.  He had strep Monday so he missed school (and a basketball game and practice) both Monday and Tuesday.  Wednesday there was no school and his game today was cancelled.  So he's been practicing since December and hasn't had a game yet! They offered optional practice today and Kael didn't even debate- he definitely knew he wanted to go to practice.  I love teenage Kael.

I'm thankful my mom lives close and is willing to do my laundry! Our washing machine stopped working Wednesday morning and my mom has been doing all our laundry since.  Thanks, Mom! Washer is getting fixed tomorrow, fingers crossed!

I'm thankful that the polar vortex seems to be over after today.  I can't wait for warmer temps and a fun weekend ahead!

No comments: