10.01.2017

Weekend Wrap-Up

I love fall weekends.  Are they not just the best?! 

Friday we went to my parents' house.  We took a long walk in the back, picked up walnuts, and gathered hedge apples. It was so nice out.








We came up to the house to grill burgers and Kase spent some time trying to turn a hedge apple into a regular apple.  Ha! I did a little switcheroo when he wasn't looking and the big kids played along.  You should have seen the look on his face when he lifted the towel off the bucket and found a regular apple!


After dinner we played some football, then went back down to the creek for a bonfire and s'mores.



Kase offered me a comfy place to sit!






It was just the loveliest night.  The weather was perfect, all the kids were in good moods, the food was great and it was so nice to spend time with family! After the bonfire we came up to the house and the kids played Legos with grandma for a little while before we headed home, put the kids to bed and Kent and I stayed up watching a movie.



When Kent and I finally made our way upstairs to go to bed we found Kase in his room like this, with the light on.  Ha!


Saturday morning we had volleyball reffing, volleyball game, football practice...so thankful for our village who help us out on these busy mornings! Then Kase played at a friend's house for a little while before having a quick lunch and heading to the orchard to meet up with Keith and Cindy! They were taking the kids overnight and wanted to spend the afternoon with them at the orchard first.






I just love all these pictures they sent me and I know they had a great time! 


Meanwhile, Kent and I got all dressed up for a wedding, which happened to fall on our anniversary eve, so it was a perfect time to go out and celebrate!


My parents were invited to the wedding too since it was a mutual Edward Jones friend.  We had dinner at Johnny's Steakhouse on our way to the wedding.  We had a lovely night and enjoyed catching up with everyone at the wedding! 


The kids had the best time at the sleepover.  Keith and Cindy have recently re-done their basement and the kids just LOVE the new setup and pinball machine there! I so appreciate Keith and Cindy being able to have the kids over while we went to the wedding.  



On the way home Kase practiced his reading.  He's really starting to be able to sound out the words! I'm so proud of him. 


Sunday afternoon Kase had a football game.  He really hustled out there and had tons of fun.



Then Kylee and I had volleyball practice, then Kael had a football game. He really looks forward to game day each week! He was happy that some neighbors and my parents came up to watch and cheer him on too!

What a great weekend!

No comments: