6.11.2017

Weekend Wrap-Up

You guys.  We summer so hard.  My sister used that as a hashtag on Instagram the other day and it fits us so well! I kept us BUSY while Kent was away.

One night was Little League night at the Jag/Hawk baseball game.  Kase had so much fun and ran into lots of his teammates.  He just wanted to know when it was his turn to bat! Ha!



Everyone else is facing the flag during the national anthem and Kase can't keep his eyes off the high school player!




I had a sweet message from my father-in-law who took Kael to the MB2 raceway last week.

My day with Kael was awesome! He was so kind appreciative  thoughtful. I had a great time. We had a lot of fun together and I am looking forward to the next time!

Kael had the best time and also knows anytime you go somewhere with Grandpa Keith there is also bound to be ice cream involved!


Meanwhile in Minnesota the guys continued to catch whoppers.


And Kase wanted to see every single picture and hear every single stat on every single fish.  This is his excited face when he saw the giant fish my dad caught!



The kids, my sisters, my mom and I all went to see Brooklyn's dance rehearsal.  She couldn't have been cuter up on that stage and her cousins were so proud of her!


Cousins are the best friends.


I didn't get any pictures, but we also spent the afternoon swimming at the Slater pool with my family. The kids loved the small town pool!

Later that night I took my kids to the I-Cubs game.  There was an Edward Jones event so we had good food and great seats! The kids were really well behaved and honestly really enjoyed the game.  I was so proud of them.  Kase went and saw Cubby bear no fewer than fifteen times. 



When Kylee and Kase were walking around a little bit some guy gave them a foul ball! They were pumped! (I'm also LOVING the high ponytail Kylee has been wearing lately. )


They didn't even ask for treats but near the end of the game I offered to buy them something.  You guys we lasted almost the whole game! The kids could have stayed but I was getting tired.  It was just a great night.


Friday, we were all very, very happy when Kent got home! We had missed him so much! Kylee made the sweetest Welcome Home sign. We had fun looking at his pictures, then hit the pool since it was a steamy afternoon!


We had dinner at my parents' house.  Kylee was happy to see Grandpa!


Kael has been really into fishing with his friends the last few days.  I'm so happy for him! They've been having a great time together and Kael was pretty proud of the bass he caught!



Saturday, Kael and Kylee had a triathlon practice, then Kase had a tee ball game.  We have some wonderful friends and neighbors who came to cheer for Kase!


Saturday evening Keith and Cindy took the kids to see Wonder Woman, then out for dinner.  Then Kylee and Kael went to a movie outside and one of Kylee's friend's house.  They got home pretty late and felt very independent!

Kent and I enjoyed a night out on the town! We had dinner at Magnolia- a cute little place near the sculpture park downtown.  Then, we met up with my sister and brother-in-law to see The Nadas play at Nitefall on the River! We have been talking about going for years and finally got there last night! It was a beautiful night- a cool venue, great music and just a really fun time!





Sunday the kids slept in, we hit the pool for a little bit, then Kylee went to a cake decorating party at her friend's house! I think this unicorn cake turned out so cute! Kylee's friend has a little brother exactly Kase's age so Kase got to go over and play too.  He also got to decorate a little cake! 




It's been a fun, busy week and weekend.  We are all happy, exhausted and tan.  We've clocked a lot of outside hours, friends.  How was your weekend? 

No comments: