2.20.2017

Weekend Wrap-Up

I love long, sunshine-y weekends.  Seriously, it was SUCH a good one.  Wanna hear about it?

Thursday evening the kids had so much fun with neighbors outside.  We were getting rid of some mattresses and the kids were jumping on them, having the best time.  We are loving this warm weather.

Friday while Kase was at school I went to a memorial service for my grandma at Mill Pond.  It was very nice and I was so glad I was able to go. When I picked Kase up from school we went on a picnic at the park and played there for a couple hours. We came home, played outside some more.  We recently got him signed up for Little League so he and I had some fun practicing baseball.  When Kael and Kylee got done with school we played outside some more with friends and neighbors, then grilled burgers for dinner.  It felt like summer!



Saturday morning Kylee had a basketball game, then Kent went to Collins to help his parents who are in the middle of a house remodel.  Kael was volunteering with a youth group event, so Kase, Kylee and I went to my parents' house to hang out. Kylee had fun helping my dad in the backyard! 


She found this HUGE crawdad while playing in the creek! She's always up for an adventure and was thrilled to show everyone what she found!



Kael sent me a few pictures from his day of volunteering. The event is called Day of Love, and nearly 200 kids and sponsors from our church go out into the community to volunteer all day long.  I am just so, so proud of Kael and he wanted to participate and loved that when I picked him up, he had a big smile on his face.  He's got such a big heart and has so much to give.  I love that he enjoyed this day!


His group was tagging clothes at Many Hands in Grimes, and he had some fun trying on some of the things.  I love this picture he sent. 




Meanwhile, back at our place, after we had played at my parents' for awhile, my sister and niece and nephew came over to play. My sister and I sat in the sun in the backyard while the kids played so nicely together at our house and at the park. She and I rarely get the chance to sit and talk- it was so nice! Just missing Tam! Kent and a bunch of the neighbor guys had fun playing yard games- it was just a great day.


We spent the rest of the evening hanging out with neighbors and friends until it was dark.  Sunday morning Kent and I went for a walk.  Then he had parking duty at church and later we went to his aunt and uncle's house to celebrate Grandma Jenny's 90th birthday! It was really special- and she was so moved, having us all there together to celebrate.  We had a lovely meal, and enjoyed playing outside and catching up with everyone.  The guys got in a game of basketball, Kase challenged everyone to races around the house, and Kylee walked Kevin and Kaity's dog, King, until they could walk no more! 



When we got home, we played outside with neighbors and friends for awhile, then later we went to my dad and mom's with some friends to let the kids run around in the backyard.  So hard to believe they were playing in the water in the middle of February!  Kylee had a friend spend the night that night and then yesterday the kids didn't have school.

Kylee and her friend played, and the boys and I made cupcakes.  Kael has been excited to do a test run of some cupcakes he wants for his birthday- so we had fun creating flavors.  They turned out pretty well! Also spent the day getting stuff done around the house, started to get ready for our trip a little, and we played outside between rainstorms.



My nephew was at my parents' house, so Kase went over there to play for a little while. It was a great day! 


Hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments: