11.20.2016

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a lovely weekend.

Friday afternoon, Kase and I went to do a little Christmas shopping.  We stopped to see Santa at the mall, but Kase was feeling too shy to go see him.  He waved from afar, then later decided he'd like to sit on his lap.  So sweet.




He was, of course, thrilled with the train ride afterwards!


Later that night, Kylee had a birthday party to go to, so the boys and I had dinner with my parents. Kent and I shopped a little bit afterwards while Kael and Kase hung out at my parents' house.

Saturday morning Kent had Men's Group at church, then Kael had a basketball game. It was a tough loss for his team, but he didn't seem too bummed. 

I had been looking forward to Saturday all week- I knew it was going to be super cold and windy out, and we had no other plans after Kael's game, so it was the perfect day to spend putting out our Christmas decorations! Honestly, it was my favorite decorating day to date.  In previous years, I've done the tree while the kids were at school, then let them decorate it.  Or we've done it hurriedly on a weekend between other plans.  But this year it was so nice.  Kent was here to do all the heavy lifting. All the kids helped with the tree.  We had soup simmering on the stove, Christmas music in the background, and Santa hats on.  When we finished, we had hot cocoa and later a family football game in the backyard.  We concluded the evening with a family movie night.  What a wonderful day.


Our Christmas train continues to be a favorite!


I'm (finally) totally in the Christmas spirit! Kent even spent the day today putting up more lights outside. We also got to spend a little time today with my sister and her family and later the kids played outside with friends. Later, Keith and Cindy came for a visit and we went out for ice cream.  Kylee chose a Candy Cane Oreo blizzard!



I'm so looking forward to a short week of school for the kids and lots of fun holiday plans ahead over the long weekend. Hope you all had a good weekend too!

No comments: