11.17.2016

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful that Kent took the time to explain Veteran's Day to the kids and also call each of our relatives who have served.  The kids were so interested!

I'm thankful for my bestie who can get me all the good books at the library as soon as they come out.  I just read The Magnolia Story and loved it!

I'm thankful that Kent sends me pictures like this:


Kent and Kael have youth group on Wednesday evenings (and Kase goes to preschool at our church). Kael evidently found Kase's backpack hook and hung his sweatshirt on it.  So sweet.


I'm thankful for the secretaries when I called to say the kids weren't coming to school last Friday so we could go to the volleyball game. They sounded so excited for us.  "Have fun! Enjoy your day off school!" 

I'm thankful Kael had a great game last weekend at basketball.  He just looked like he was having so much fun out there.

I'm thankful for Daylight Savings Time.  The kids definitely get up earlier, but so do I, and it's nice to have that extra hour in the mornings.  Monday, Kent and I both had time to workout in the morning and the kids and I had time to build a fort before they went to school!

I'm thankful that Kent got a new Fit Bit- did you know that if yours breaks within the first year, they will replace it? Kent's band was wearing out and they sent him a new one!

I'm thankful for dinner out Tuesday night with Kent's family.  So fun. 

I'm thankful the kids' passports came in the mail! That was fast!



I'm thankful for a friend who delivered blue lights for our front porches to the whole neighborhood to show our support for cops.

I'm thankful Kael continues to work hard on his homework and really thankful for the Campus Portal app that helps me keep on top of his grades. 

I'm thankful that Kylee walked in the door with a whole bunch of good news after school yesterday.  Among the news was that her fire prevention poster was chosen as honorable mention and will be made into a bookmark!

I'm so, so thankful for this uncharacteristically warm weather.  It certainly means that I haven't gotten started on anything for Christmas yet, but Kase and I are enjoying daily trips to the park!

I'm thankful for a fun weekend ahead, and a short week next week! 

No comments: